Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This weeks banner^...

I thought my post was funny
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    That whole quarter is attributable to Kirk, whose stern words following Davis running to stand on the mark after LRT lost his man, inspired Nick, not to greatness, but to work harder, and the exquisite tap work of Jason Ball who placed the ball so perfectly in Davis' lap that it was almost impossible for him not to kick a goal. There was also the superb pass from O'Keefe to Davo's advantage (it was actually a lovely pass) and the brilliantly timed Hall fumble that set up two of the goals. Surely Hammo,you have been around RWO long enough to know that Davo only played a bit part that evening - not much more than a passenger really.
    I wouldn't have said that ROK,you need pretty good skills to finish of with those goals,even with a superb pass from ROK or a tap into his lap from Ball he still finished off the job.IMO he didnt play a bit part but an integral part of the game plan.Dont forget the team effort of one Luke Ablett to keep the ball in play.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    That whole quarter is attributable to Kirk, whose stern words following Davis running to stand on the mark after LRT lost his man, inspired Nick, not to greatness, but to work harder, and the exquisite tap work of Jason Ball who placed the ball so perfectly in Davis' lap that it was almost impossible for him not to kick a goal. There was also the superb pass from O'Keefe to Davo's advantage (it was actually a lovely pass) and the brilliantly timed Hall fumble that set up two of the goals. Surely Hammo,you have been around RWO long enough to know that Davo only played a bit part that evening - not much more than a passenger really.
    Spot on ROK - (but you already know my views on Roos & the Davis palava) as Nick Davis was the only person capable of kicking goals in that last quarter - he really pulled the rabbit out of a hat. I'm all for the "there is no "I" in team" thing, but Davis should have been given credit BY THE COACH PUBLICLY for what he did on that night. But I never saw it. Davis saved the teams season that night - he deserves the credit.
    Last edited by goswannie14; 9th July 2007 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Sorry Wardy I just had to fix the quote!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12