Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We must trade these players or face 5 years of going backwards

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Swans don't trade players period.

Unless someone specifically wants to go, they don't get traded.
    If a player is coming off contract and is not required by the club, that player would usually prefer that a trade was organised and go to another club (of his preference) than take his chance in the draft ? even though his first choice would be to remain at his existing club.

Veterans List
    But we MUST follow Hawthorn - haven't you seen how many premierships they've won?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by sWAns63 View Post
    Keep Grundy for a couple of seasons to see what he can offer
    LRT-No
    Schnieder-No still think he has some thing to offer though I don't know what yet
    Bevan-No looking better in defence this year
    Another on the Bevan bandwagon. Can you check to see if ROK-L is on there.
    Last time I heard he still had a fingernail on Davis bandwagon, but then again he may have jumped ship. Indeed the fickle rule the world.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The telegraph read bigfooty, Rebecca Wilson published it, which then got quoted by RWO.

Self propogating rumour with about zero substance.
    It's true because both Rebecca and the bloke sitting next to me who had 15 beers said it was true.

He also said that he heard:
    1. ROK wants to be traded back to Melbourne at year's end;
    2. Barry Hall is consideriing joining the priesthood and that's why he can't play at the moment;
    3. Fevola will be running the Auskick clinics; and
    4. Brett Kirk is really a muslim.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

I cant see the swans trading that many players anyway!! According to the melbourne herald sun fevola wants to stay at the blues so we most likely wont get him! i cant see how we need him anyways!

If yas want crouch gone then thats up to you but surely having 1 injury prone season doesnt make him delistable considering how many games service he gave us without missing a game! Esp wen doyle rarely plays and remains on the list!!

Cheers Jenky28
    OUR EDGE IS REG

Quote Originally Posted by jenky28 View Post

If yas want crouch gone then thats up to you but surely having 1 injury prone season doesnt make him delistable considering how many games service he gave us without missing a game! Esp wen doyle rarely plays and remains on the list!!
    The problem for Crouch is his role can be filled by half a dozen players on the list. I have no doubt a fit Crouch would improve the team but the fact Roos has Bevan playing that small defender role in his place does say something. He's not irreplaceable.

The reason Doyle has been persevered with is because he's a ruckman. They're a dime a dozen compared to small midfielders / defenders.

For Crouch this is his second injury prone season in a row. Unfortunately for him, if there is a serious review of the list at the end of the year, I see him as a likely candidate to be moved on.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    McVeigh Maybe,B1 Yep,Fossie No,Grundy Yep,Benny Yep,Doyle Yep,Vogels Yep,Schneiderman No way,LRT give him another year,Bevan Yep.
    we should:
    keep McVeigh
    keep schneider

if bolton has a shocker for the rest of the year then he's got to go we need class in the midfield, i'd even consider booting ablett as well

LRT is a bit of a goose but he gets the job done so he's a 50/50
    Doyle should be kept bcoz spida wont be there for more than 2 yrs

grundy has potential so keep him
    mathews gone
    bevan has promise so keep him
    vogels is another they should blood

maybe try to get fev?
    another quality backman and 1 more class midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by bigghaz View Post
    maybe try to get fev?
    another quality backman and 1 more class midfielder
    How do we do that??

If Fev leaves Carlton, they are going to want at least 2 Top 20 Draft Picks which a) we won't have two, only one and b) we would have to trade a player we don't want to trade to get the second. Meaning the cost to get Fev would be too much for a club that is suppose to be rebuilding.

So then how do we then get a quality backman and a class midfielder when we have lost our early round draft picks and our most valuable player tradewise just to get Fev?? Clubs aren't going to be willing to give up class players for next to nothing and we aren't going to be in a postion in the pre season draft to make use of our selection either salary cap wise or selection wise.

I suggest we forget about going after a "big name" via a trade and keep our picks (and if we can move on any unwanted/wantaway players for extra picks all the better) and draft for our needs there because this years draft is going to be the most important for a long time. We are coming up to a down period and we can't get caught up in the idea that we can trade our way out of it. We must draft wisely and build for the future and hope any down period last a short amount of years.

Lets build on our depth, not kill it off.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    The reason Doyle has been persevered with is because he's a ruckman. They're a dime a dozen compared to small midfielders / defenders.
    nice one, Centurion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123