View Poll Results: Winner & Margin Vs Blue Buggers

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swans by >24.5 - Well of course, they are on a competition for priority draft picks after all...

29 76.32%
  • Swans <24.5 - Was a win ever in doubt?

7 18.42%
  • Draw.... Not good enough in the context of our season

0 0%
  • Blues < 24.5 - Oh my god.. I think I'm going to cry

0 0%
  • Blues > 24.5 - How come Fevola can sort out his "problems" with a week off but BBBBH can't?

2 5.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winner & Margin - Rd 15

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Winner & Margin - Rd 15

Crystal ball time again people...

Will the real Swans turn up again this week or can we expect to see that team that rolled out against Collingwood???

Has Hall gotten over his "issues"? Is Kennelly truly fit? Will LRT make his 2007 debut??? And will Mc@@@@ finally get dropped or get his @@@@ together??

All important questions, the answers to which may help in this weeks result.. one way or the other....

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    We're playing Carlton. Carlton have not won at the SCG since 1993 and not beaten the Swans anywhere this century. Even when Carlton were otherwise unbeatable in 1995 and the Swans were merely competitive, the Swans caned the Blues.

So I'm tipping a big win by our boys. We're due for one. Swans by 103.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Even when Carlton were otherwise unbeatable in 1995 and the Swans were merely competitive, the Swans caned the Blues.
    I remember that game.... A friday night, round 11. Carlton were undefeated with 10 straight wins, Sydney were about 3 & 7. Sydney opened up and smashed them by about 12 goals. An 8 goal opening quarter left them wondering what had hit them.

Channel 7 got so excited they replayed the game at 10 am the following day!

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    An 8 goal opening quarter left them wondering what had hit them.
    It's time for Sydney to stop fart arsing around in their first quarters and really go for the kill from the opening bounce next Sunday, playing fast down the corridor. Surely this game beckons an 8 goal + first quarter.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    It's time for Sydney to stop fart arsing around in their first quarters and really go for the kill from the opening bounce next Sunday, playing fast down the corridor.
    Totally agree. I'd like to see the Swans really blow an opponent out of the water in Q1. Might give them some much-needed confidence.

That said, I'm nervous about this game. We all know the Swans are notorious for botching up seemingly straightforward games. I just hope they have some respect for the opponent and don't treat the game as a training drill.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivien View Post
    That said, I'm nervous about this game. We all know the Swans are notorious for botching up seemingly straightforward games. I just hope they have some respect for the opponent and don't treat the game as a training drill.
    Calm down, in the Paul Roos era, if Sydney ever botch games up against bottom 4 sides, it is very rare but if all, in the first half of the season, and not at late as Round 15. We should be OK. Swans by 45.

I'm actually getting a deja vu feeling of the next two games with last year's round 22/qualifying final games. We play Carlton next Sunday afternoon (Round 15) at the SCG, then move to Subiaco to meet West Coast the following Saturday night (Round 16).

Deja vu
    2006: Round 22- Sunday afternoon at the SCG against Carlton, Swans by 92 points
    2006: Qualifying Final- the following Saturday night at Subiaco against West Coast, Swans by 1 point. (The game was also known as "Micky and the fat man")

Swans by at least 80 points, anything less will be a disappointment.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

I really enjoy these threads, the result is always a lottery, and i am on a knife edge all week !

A new AFL record this weekend, the swans win easily by 236 points.

These games worry me more than playing a top side. We seem to lift for good sides and struggle against the lower sides. Having said that,if we have any ambitions to give the finals shake, we should win comfortably.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    A new AFL record this weekend, the swans win easily by 236 points.

But you tipped the Blues by 24 plus.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Yeah, he's trying to jinx them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast