Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Malceski chance for All Australian ?

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He got a reprimand after the Port game when he bumped Chad Cornes front on. Was a bit stiff IMO (and the Fox Sports News team) because he was contesting the ball rather than bumping a player already with his head over the ball. And when he realised he was going to collide front on with Cornes he did all he could to shift his body so that most of the contact was to the shoulder rather than head on. But it was deemed to be negligent contact by the MRP and the Swans chose not to fight it, given he'd have missed a game had he lost.
    It's average isn't it. You can kick a bloke's limb or head off and JUST give away a free kick...it's not negligent or wreckless enough.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Points before any discount are base points.
    Okay - ta. That makes sense I guess. Therefore he's not eligible.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

He's eligible. On the VicTAB at $31, $8.50 to place. Better than when Goodes came in at $30.33 after the 3-way split, not as good as Goodes again at $81 and $24.

Will, again, take wins from the team on the way to the line.

Is NSW on $.50 multiples, hence the $61s?
    I was wrong about Gerard and his hair.

Back OT, posted this side in BigFooty's AA discussion. If Heath Shaw is good, The Leftorium is better. Plays in Sydney so the first time around rule may apply. Strong final 7 in a winning side should see him home.

B: Dustin Fletcher, Brian Harris, Tarkyn Lockyer
    HB: Heath Shaw, Chad Cornes, Andrew McLeod
    C: Nick Del Santo, Sam Mitchell, Brent Harvey
    HF: Paul Chapman, Nick Riewoldt, Gary Ablett Jr.
    F: Scott Lucas, Brad Johnson, Matthew Pavlich
    R: Dean Cox, Jimmy Bartel, Brett Kirk
    I: Steve Johnson, Spida Everitt, Nick Malceski, Kane Cornes

Threatening to force their way in: J. Brown, L. Franklin, Malceski on field for Shaw or McLeod, H. Macintosh, M.Scarlett.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by voodooguru View Post
    He's eligible. On the VicTAB at $31, $8.50 to place.

Can't see how he's eligible according to any of the rules of the medal.

Any chance the TAB missed his reprimand? It didn't get much reporting, given the Swans chose not to "do a Rocca".

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Can't see how he's eligible according to any of the rules of the medal.

Any chance the TAB missed his reprimand? It didn't get much reporting, given the Swans chose not to "do a Rocca".
    There's always a chance but I seriously doubt it. Never heard of a slip like that in the past. Plenty of coverage here in Asgard (Melbourne).

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Just because he's ineligible, doesn't mean he can't be awarded votes.

Perhaps the TAB is paying on votes won, not just the overall winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Didn't do himself any harm today. Outstanding BOG.
    Spida was clearly BOG.
    Melcho had another great game, running off halfback with plenty of dash, great vision and a wonderful kick...but... remember a lot of his posessions are uncontested handball receives. The hard work done by others.
    Spida was sensational all over the ground, with plenty of contested marks and superb rucking. He simply destroyed the blues !
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Just because he's ineligible, doesn't mean he can't be awarded votes.

Perhaps the TAB is paying on votes won, not just the overall winner!
    TAB only pays on eligibles.

Regular in the Side
    Back on to the original topic, Malceski just made the AFL Team of the week for Round 15...this would be the 3rd or 4th time I think. Unfortunately I cant find a way to research this.

http://afl.com.au/Season2007/News/Ne...x?newsId=47407

B: Joel Patfull (Brisbane Lions), Matthew Scarlett (Geelong), Sam Fisher (St Kilda)
    HB: Andrew McLeod (Adelaide), Trent Croad (Hawthorn), Nick Malceski (Sydney)
    C: Adam Simpson (Kangaroos), Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn), Kane Cornes (Port Adelaide)
    HF: Adam Cooney (Western Bulldogs), Nick Riewoldt (St Kilda), Daniel Motlop (Port Adelaide)
    F: Brad Johnson (Western Bulldogs), Jonathan Brown (Brisbane Lions), Jarryd Roughead (Hawthorn)
    FOLL: Peter Everitt (Sydney), Chad Cornes (Port Adelaide), Domenic Cassisi (Port Adelaide)
    I/C: Justin Koschitzke (St Kilda), Brent Harvey (Kangaroos), Lenny Hayes (St Kilda), Travis Cloke (Collingwood)
    Red and white till I die

Senior Player
    I fell into Eski at 1000/1 and 250/1 the place for charlie..and will prob get a bit of a run for my money..but I bet you wonn't see anyhting like that round 2008,09 and later!!

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllGoodes View Post
    Back on to the original topic, Malceski just made the AFL Team of the week for Round 15...this would be the 3rd or 4th time I think. Unfortunately I cant find a way to research this.

http://afl.com.au/Season2007/News/Ne...x?newsId=47407

B: Joel Patfull (Brisbane Lions), Matthew Scarlett (Geelong), Sam Fisher (St Kilda)
    HB: Andrew McLeod (Adelaide), Trent Croad (Hawthorn), Nick Malceski (Sydney)
    C: Adam Simpson (Kangaroos), Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn), Kane Cornes (Port Adelaide)
    HF: Adam Cooney (Western Bulldogs), Nick Riewoldt (St Kilda), Daniel Motlop (Port Adelaide)
    F: Brad Johnson (Western Bulldogs), Jonathan Brown (Brisbane Lions), Jarryd Roughead (Hawthorn)
    FOLL: Peter Everitt (Sydney), Chad Cornes (Port Adelaide), Domenic Cassisi (Port Adelaide)
    I/C: Justin Koschitzke (St Kilda), Brent Harvey (Kangaroos), Lenny Hayes (St Kilda), Travis Cloke (Collingwood)
    I seriously think eski has been in it 6 or 7 times!
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast