Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cousins gets no votes

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    No one getting more than 30 possessions plays anything less than a good game.
    Not these days. With the chipping around sideways, backwards and occassionally forwards it is easy for some one to pick up over 30 possessions. Players can do that and not had any impact on the game, to me that means they haven't had a good game.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Not these days. With the chipping around sideways, backwards and occasionally forwards it is easy for some one to pick up over 30 possessions. Players can do that and not had any impact on the game, to me that means they haven't had a good game.
    Exactly GS14,just like i said previously Joel Bowden ring any bells.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    It seems to more a reflection on how much attention/respect our boys paid him on the night.....diddly squat
    Roos seems to have a standard for a former West Coast Captain and another for a former Swan's Cap'n . One will always wonder why? He wouldnt win a debate on this one.

Exclamation WCE no friends

39 Possessions.....too much of the ball...why are we constantly letting teams get too far ahead and then surging home.

Forget about Cousins, metrosexuals with feature wall haircuts deserve nothing. The less publicity we give this swine the better we all be.

Remember Angwin and co. from Carlton? Why wasnt Cousins dealt the same fate?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
    Roos seems to have a standard for a former West Coast Captain and another for a former Swan's Cap'n . One will always wonder why? He wouldnt win a debate on this one.
    You want to run that one by us again?

My contempt for Cousins knows no bounds.
    Damn that Sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and I'm wankered on rohypnol!

Senior Player
    I have no doubt the Swans' vote for Cousins reflects the football world's opinion of him.

I have no doubt the obsession here over Cousins knows no bounds...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by HBAsyd View Post
    Remember Angwin and co. from Carlton? Why wasnt Cousins dealt the same fate?
    Angwin was a nobody and a bad egg before he joined the Blues and I'm sure Carlton knew they were in for a tough ride when they recruited him.

Cousins on the other hand is a highly rated and skilled midfielder and is treated like a god here in WA. Since the majority of the population are West Coke supporters, he'll always be forgiven regardless of what stupidity he gets himself into and hence the admiration for his "heroic" comeback.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I have no doubt the Swans' vote for Cousins reflects the football world's opinion of him.

Or maybe it reflects the opinion that the coaches had of the relative importance of other West Coast players during the game. If the coaches had stacked their top vote getters with Swans players, maybe it would be eye raising. But its hard to argue against the influence Cox, Hansen and Kerr had on that game and seems entirely reasonable that Roos and co would deem their games better.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Or maybe it reflects the opinion that the coaches had of the relative importance of other West Coast players during the game. If the coaches had stacked their top vote getters with Swans players, maybe it would be eye raising. But its hard to argue against the influence Cox, Hansen and Kerr had on that game and seems entirely reasonable that Roos and co would deem their games better.
    Liz... I think the coaches only rate the opposition in that circumstance..they don't consider their own guys. But a 30+ pssession game wd normally get you in the top 5..surely?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Liz... I think the coaches only rate the opposition in that circumstance..they don't consider their own guys.
    Nah - pretty sure they pick their best five players from the game from either side. When Roos was asked about his non-vote for Cousins he mentioned there have been games where his coaching team gave Hall 5 votes and yet he got nothing from the opposition.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast