Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cousins gets no votes

Cousins gets no votes

From our coaching panel for the Coaches' Association award.

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/co...339168932.html

Perhaps explains why he was allowed to gather so many possessions - Roos didn't think he was having an impact
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    I always thought that the number of touches you had did not determine how well you had played. Considering (and I am not making excuses) that West Coast had their best team on the ground and we were undermanned as well as a couple of under the weather players perhaps Cousin's influence wasn't that great. It is ok to be effective and gather possessions if the player playing against you is not playing that well eg Barry Hall's 4 goals against Carlton. I question why this is an issue, the coaches can vote for who they want to without the media trying to make it like a witch hunt.

Blog Entries
    I can't remember who we voted for, to be honest
    For someone who is so calm and meditated, he is very forgetful.

His first 9 possessions were non effective.

So while he got a heap of the football what he did with it (especially early) didn't have an impact on the game the same as Kerr, Cox or even Chick from a pressure point of view.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    His first 9 possessions were non effective.

So while he got a heap of the football what he did with it (especially early) didn't have an impact on the game the same as Kerr, Cox or even Chick from a pressure point of view.

DST
    Exactly my point. Maybe Worsfold felt he deserved the votes because the crowd being so pro Cousins helped them over the line esp after the thrashing the week before. Let's not forget it was only a 12 point ball game.

Fair points, but I'm sure if a Swan picked up 39 possessions we'd be hailing what a great game it was, regardless of how effective they were.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Fair points, but I'm sure if a Swan picked up 39 possessions we'd be hailing what a great game it was, regardless of how effective they were.
    It would take 3 games!

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    It's a bit average IMO......

38 posessions and not a single vote??? If it were 3 votes, maybe....

But a 5 vote system and he doen't even rate 1??

Fair suck of the old savaloy....

I don't think he was as important as Cox, Kerr or even Hansen and given we only got beaten by 12 points, we probably deserved a player or two in the votes.

I have seen Cousins play better games than that.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Maybe our coaches thought he had outside help?
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I don't think he was as important as Cox, Kerr or even Hansen and given we only got beaten by 12 points, we probably deserved a player or two in the votes.

I have seen Cousins play better games than that.
    I thought he was better than Kerr on the night... But I'd have to agree, not Cox or Hansen.

It seems to more a reflection on how much attention/respect our boys paid him on the night.....diddly squat
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast