Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cousins gets no votes

maybe we should have niggled benny like freo did (well josh carr anyway) and he cracked - pretty much cost them the game with that 50 he gave away before 3 quarter time

but we let him waltz around unmanned because of the respect between the 2 teams apparently and look what happened.............
    Roosy = LEGEND

Senior Player
    I think he actually said his coaching team thought hall SHOULD have got 5 votes from the opposition but got none..i believe this still is the position..quote is from 2004
    ..Sydney's Paul Roos has been honoured by his peers as the AFL Coach of the Year.

AFL Coaches Association President Peter Schwab said Roos was the "virtually unanimous" choice for the coaches award.

Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley was voted the Player of the Year.

In his first full year at the helm, Roos has taken the Swans into Saturday night's preliminary final against Brisbane after many pundits predicted the club would finish the season near the bottom of the ladder.

Roos said the club had reached the finals because he had consulted with the players in setting goals for the year.

"It's no good me and the coaching group setting goals for them that they completely disagree with," he said.

"I can get up and say things and they walk out of the room and go, 'This bloke's got no idea what he's talking about'. They're not going to buy into it. I just needed to know what they thought was important ... otherwise it's impossible for us to have a collective goal."

The coaches were invited to vote for five players but each coach was precluded from voting for a player from his own team.
    Last edited by royboy42; 6th August 2007 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by punter257 View Post
    maybe we should have niggled benny like freo did (well josh carr anyway) and he cracked - pretty much cost them the game with that 50 he gave away before 3 quarter time

but we let him waltz around unmanned because of the respect between the 2 teams apparently and look what happened.............
    Spot on Punter,we should have ran through him at every opportunity and sledged him like there was no tomorrow.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234