Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final 8 Settled

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    The eight is far from settled! 12 teams are still in contention - Adelaide in 12th on 8-9 being the lowest-placed team that can still make it. I can't see Essendon dropping out with all the emotion surrounding Sheedy. I don't think we will drop out either, though there is a real chance of us being finals fodder at 7th or 8th. I think if we make it, Brisbane and the Saints will probably miss out, since we would need to beat them to be assured of our spot.
    Do you seriously think on current form with 5 weeks to go Adelaide will make the 8?

My final 8:

1 Geelong
    2 West Coast
    3 Kangaroos
    4 Sydney
    5 Port Adelaide
    6 Hawthorn
    7 Collingwood
    8 Essendon
    This is exactly the 8 that was first posted - How can the 8 be "far from settled"?
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 31st July 2007 at 06:09 AM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Marry me Goodes View Post
    I can only really see one of: Lions, Saints, Bulldogs or Adelaide sneaking into the 8 at the expense of Essendon. At a stretch, the Hawks are the only other team I could see missing out.

Adelaide look gone though, as do Bulldogs. Lions have a tough draw, so that probably only leaves the Saints Bummers switch.
    On form the only one to worry about outside the 8 would have to be the Lions. They have the worst run home...but looking at who they've beaten over the past few weeks (WC, Pies...lost to Port by 7), they're the only ones with a hope of winning any finals games. The rest will be first week losers.

I still think the Bombers will make it though (Sheedy, they've got the players etc). That draw against Richmond will hurt the Lions.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by punter257 View Post
    well arden street looks like downtown iraq at the moment

i still give us a chance at the top 4 but a clearer indication of this will be presented when the final siren goes against the saints

plus it would be nice if the dockers beat the weagles and the crows beat port this weekend

You mean that the Eagles & Dockers along with the Crows and the Power belt the @@@@ out of each other local grudge derby style? the other 12 teams in the comp would prefer to see that!

If it ends up being a Geelong V Kangaroos Granny - get out the 3-d glasses - the horizontal v vertical stripes could give you a headache.
    Last edited by Wardy; 31st July 2007 at 08:40 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Far from settled....

And going on Hawthorn's current form, they could miss out all togther....

Don't believe me.. Have a look at their run home.....

Essendon Home MCG
    Brisbane Lions Home MCG
    Port Adelaide Home Aurora Stadium
    Western Bulldogs Away Telstra Dome
    Sydney Away SCG

On the veteran's list

Things change

A month ago the Lions game looked like a definite win for us. Now it's going to be tough. A week ago Collingwood looked a tough assignment, after saturday it looks easier than the Lions. Who knows how form will fluctuate in the next few weeks and how games will look.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

On the Rookie List
    this has been the most interesting run home in a while IMO.. strap yourselves in because there are some crackerjack games coming up.

What I do know is the crowds will leave the NRL ones for dead.
    parra v bulldogs in the nrl this friday is a blockbuster but wont get more than 40k.

in the AFL there's local derbies, geelong v kangas, swans v pies, essendon v richmond (sheedy's last mcg game possibly) which will all attract bumper crowds.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    If it ends up being a Geelong V Kangaroos Granny - get out the 3-d glasses - the horizontal v vertical stripes could give you a headache.
    Unlike some Melbourne-based clubs, the Kangaroos have been quite willing to wear alternative strips. In the event of a Cats-Roos decider, expect to see the Cats wearing their blue and white hoops and the Kangas in their all-blue strip.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Unlike some Melbourne-based clubs, the Kangaroos have been quite willing to wear alternative strips. In the event of a Cats-Roos decider, expect to see the Cats wearing their blue and white hoops and the Kangas in their all-blue strip.

thats a good idea otherwise it would look like a bunch of Zebras going at it!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Do you seriously think on current form with 5 weeks to go Adelaide will make the 8?

This is exactly the 8 that was first posted - How can the 8 be "far from settled"?
    It's not settled, but I think it will probably stay the same, if that makes sense. That was the 8 that I thought we'd end up with at the time I posted, you could quite easily make a case for a completely different top 8 (e.g. Hawks, Bombers missing out, Saints, Lions or Dogs in.) I agree it will be tough for the Crows but with their good % and past record (bit like us) I won't write them off. Long story short there are a lot of games in the next 5 rounds that can change the order of teams in the 8. But now I've just gone and confused you all even further, as well as myself.

It's not settled, but I think it will probably stay the same, if that makes sense. That was the 8 that I thought we'd end up with at the time I posted, you could quite easily make a case for a completely different top 8 (e.g. Hawks, Bombers missing out, Saints, Lions or Dogs in.) I agree it will be tough for the Crows but with their good % and past record (bit like us) I won't write them off. Long story short there are a lot of games in the next 5 rounds that can change the order of teams in the 8. But now I've just gone and confused you all even further, as well as myself.
    Ah yes...now I see the confusion. It was in the title. What I meant to say was The 8 best teams now will be the same 8 come September - not necessacirally in the same order though....framilda-pop-french fries

It's safe to say after the results tonight that if we win tomorrow the top 4 is definitely not out of our reach anymore.

Yep, and the final 8 is a long way from settled.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast