Thread: Swans vs Queanbeyan - RWO Reserves Match report

Veteran Site Admin

Swans vs Queanbeyan - RWO Reserves Match report

Another regulation opposition pummelling by our cynets. Another on-the-money match report from Old Royboy.

Check back this evening and I might have found the time to add some of Ugg's pictures.

http://redandwhiteonline.com/content...d=1090_0_2_0_C

Those boys are certainly doing their best to make things tough for the coaching panel when it gets to the end of the season.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Thanks for the effort ORB.

I agree that LRT was very disappointing. He wasn't even playing on their best forward for most of the day, and on many occasions was caught out of position.

I think we may be keen on Keen, playing him out of the centre is not something they do for top-up players. The last player I can remember receiving that sort of preferential treatment was Craig Bird last year. Keen played for the Rams this year and as far as I can tell is not tied to any other club under the scholarship scheme.

Good to see Brabazon BOG He is very good and still developing
    cheers

Thanks ORB.

Interesting comments re LRT. Following on from what Roos said last week, I doubt we'll see him play a senior game all year.

That will sure make the St Kilda game (Gehrig, Reiwoldt) and Brisbane games (Brown, Brennan) interesting affairs.

It's worrying that LRT is being beaten by the hacks in that league.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks again ORB for absorbing match notes.
    Perhaps Roos has a cunning plan for LRT - sends him forward to kick goals ocasionally, is developing him as a swing player ...
    But we need his height - he can't have forgotten everything?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

So from the Herald Sun

"The game turned ugly late in the fourth quarter when a bit of push and shove between Roberts-Thomson and Queanbeyen's James Kavanagh errupted into a full-on fight."

Wheres that in the match report?
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

"Luke Vogels played fullback, and was very solid. On at least half a dozen times he beat his opponent pointless in one on one contests."
    I know both Grundy and Vogels were picked up as defenders - Vogels winning the best and fairest in the Hampton League in 2004 (21yo) in defense. Was wondering why he only played as a forward in the seniors.

Me thinks the attitude towards him may have changed given Grundy's performance against the Eagles and LRT's form in the Two's.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

...and Leapin' Leo being grounded, would be very suprised if there wasn't a recall for next week.

Hopefully he can string more than one game in a row.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.