Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to beat West Coast.

On the Rookie List

How to beat West Coast.

Only saw highlights of the Fremantle-West Coast game but boy were the Dockers going in hard! They specifically targetted the West Coast onballers and didn't give them any room to move or opportunities to play their style of game.

I am just getting sick and tired of players like Hunter pushing our blokes around (fairly mind you) and not getting anything back in return.

Not only did Freo outplay the Eagles but they also seemed to also out muscle them.

Hopefully the Swans will watch a replay of the game.

Just hope we get the opportunity to play them again this year and go in nearly as hard as Freo did.

Niggling them definitely throws them off a bit. Poor Benny was almost in tears when Josh Carr was tormenting him

Veterans List
    Loved watching Carr get stuck into the Eagles "hard man" Waters too - Waters had no idea what to do with the limpet. Cost Freo a goal but worth it I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Niggling them definitely throws them off a bit. Poor Benny was almost in tears when Josh Carr was tormenting him
    He loved getting his shirt ripped though. He is so into himself it's sickening.

Freo/Eagles.

It was the most entertaining game I have seen in ages. I have been a Swans fanatic forever, but, yeah....I'd love to see Hally let loose. We were so soft on Cousins and his mates. Forget this "gentleman" crap and take the Freo initiative.
    I still cannot get over the sight of Cuz visibly quaking with frustration, anger and ...dare I say it?....fear.
    Loved it.....Priceless.

On the Rookie List
    All things being equal and we win at least 3 from 4 games then I can see another showdown in the finals.

Would just be good to see the Swans win and with some vigour, as required.

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    I still cannot get over the sight of Cuz visibly quaking with frustration, anger and ...dare I say it?....fear.
    Loved it.....Priceless.
    mmmmmmmmm .... don't you visibly quake when you're detoxing??

A great win over at Dockerland.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Yes Annie, you are right there.

And the annual Dockerland 'sledge-fest' begins.

See here:

http://www.dockerland.com/

Check out the poll. I had difficult choosing between WCE players and supporters but went with supporters eventually.

The "stick that in your crack pipe" report is brilliant. I like this quote:

Little surprise then that when the siren sounded to start Derby XXVI (26 for South Fremantle supporters) it was on. They started with Ben Cousins and his ribs and worked their way alphabetically through the team. Josh Carr was keeping a tight reign on his team mates, making sure no corners were cut and every bloody Eagle on the park found out what the other use was for ice.

And this:

Whether their intention was to rattle the Eagles players early and upset their rhythm, or just because watching them bleed is fun, the tactics paid dividends very quickly. The West Coast player didn?t know what had hit them (Daniel Chick claimed he did but he also claimed that he was covered in spiders and was only answering questions when addressed as The Walrus).

Based on the some of the past few years late season sledging this will only get better. Remember the 06 grand final poll? There was only one option on who you believe would win - Sydney. Gold.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep - they sure stuck the boot in to Chick - hopefully Nick Davis reads it and gets ready for finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Yes Annie, you are right there.

snip
    Gold.
    I love Dockerland. The guys over there are hilarious.
    I sometimes wish we had a cross-town rival that we could just heckle for the sheer hell of it.

My favourite paragraph ...

Carr and Warnock combined again in the centre, goosifying the most expensive midfield in AFL history, to get the ball forward. David Mundy got on the end of it, he picked out Chris Tarrant at the top of the goal square and Tarrant put through a goal so straight that surveying teachers are now using video of it as a teaching aid.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 8th August 2007 at 03:18 PM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Really highlights how soft we were against the Eagles! We should have really given that maggot Cousins hell and Kerr too..

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    I sometimes wish we had a cross-town rival that we could just heckle for the sheer hell of it.
    Westies, do they even know the game?
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast