Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: APEC and a Sydney home final!!!

On the Rookie List
    If it's a Manly home final though, apparently it might not be at Brookvale becasue of something to do with the local council.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    If it's a Manly home final though, apparently it might not be at Brookvale becasue of something to do with the local council.
    It will be there I reckon, covered by a council surcharge on each ticket. Manly wont allow that advantage to go to waste even for a greedy council.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    well that could be to our advantage - the visiting team may have to stay in the Parklea Gardens Caravan park after coming up on the greyhound bus!! - bunk beds etc cramped conditions, bad prawns from the markets across the road - hhmmmmmmmm!!!
    But what about the home teams out of town supporters who may also have to resort to Greyhounding it up if the airport is closed?

JF
    PS:- I swore a couple of years ago that I'd NEVER take another Greyhound bus north of Albury again. I'd like to think I could stick to that promise.
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Given we play Rd22 on a Sunday and George Dubya would probably have flown out by Sunday afternoon, it's a very real possibility that if we get a home final they will try to play it on Sunday afternoon.

I hope Telstra is available. A day final sounds very appealing.
    Homebush is actually an excellent daytime venue. It is crazy we don't get to play more games there.

The game against the Lions in 2004 there was an amazing success. Over 44000 attended!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Id love a daytime final at Telstra- we certainly seem to play better during the day this year and its not a bad spot during the day to say the least. Would not complain at all if that happened. But it wont cause we will make the 4 yet and not have a home final till at least week 2!

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Id love a daytime final at Telstra- we certainly seem to play better during the day this year and its not a bad spot during the day to say the least. Would not complain at all if that happened. But it wont cause we will make the 4 yet and not have a home final till at least week 2!
    Where is the optimism to make the top 2!!
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Layby View Post
    It is outrageous.

Both my plane and helicopter have been grounded that week.

The cheek of it !
    So you did buy Leanne's pink helicopter!

On the Rookie List
    manly might play at telstra because of a fracar manly have with warringah council over leasing the ground and the fees involved.

if it falls through, manly could play at telstra instead of brookvale oval.
    which could interfere with us

ah well let's just hope we finish 3rd, play the kangas at the mcg (or hopefully they donate the game to us!). then beat them and have a home prelim final and flog the west coke illegirls and play geelong in the g/f!!!!

and win!!!
    muhuhahaha

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    Homebush is actually an excellent daytime venue. It is crazy we don't get to play more games there.

The game against the Lions in 2004 there was an amazing success. Over 44000 attended!

JF
    and we won 124-40!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    But what about the home teams out of town supporters who may also have to resort to Greyhounding it up if the airport is closed?

JF
    PS:- I swore a couple of years ago that I'd NEVER take another Greyhound bus north of Albury again. I'd like to think I could stick to that promise.

Dont be confused - I meant it only for the opposition (alternatively 4 blokes each to a car in a convoy of Mini Coopers - would be preferable) - I would have thought with your contacts that you could either get a lift in a comfy vehicle - or get the train.

Of course layby could send his helicopter down there to fetch you fly you to his country seat say in the Southern Highlands and Sanjeev can drive you the rest of the way in the Bentley - sweet!.

But what ever happens - I reckon should there be any kind of interruption to the footy finals for any code because of APEC there will be a big stink!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Sydney airport won't be closed, but it will be dreadfully hard to get to and from EXCEPT by train!! Those services will be normal.
    They have announced the the ED and Tunnel will be closed at unscheduled times, i.e. every time Bush or anyone else feels like going for a cup of coffee!
    So for the interstaters the train will be the go..and for those coming from the sth side of the city too i guess, unless gladesville br appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Sydney airport won't be closed, but it will be dreadfully hard to get to and from EXCEPT by train!! Those services will be normal.
    They have announced the the ED and Tunnel will be closed at unscheduled times, i.e. every time Bush or anyone else feels like going for a cup of coffee!
    So for the interstaters the train will be the go..and for those coming from the sth side of the city too i guess, unless gladesville br appeals.
    And the Train link from the airport is more expensive now too. So Cabbies will have the @@@@s because no one will be able to be picked up - the tunnels will be blocked - but City rail may finally make a few dollars.
    When Dick Cheney was out here a while back - his motorcade (brought in especially from the states) was doing its practice runs on the roads around darling harbour & china town. You would hear the sirens and the traffic lights would be changed and then a line of about 10 black cars and the stretch would go past. With all the hoo har and the big black cars with accompanying truck and black ambulance - they really are a moving target. If they didnt want to be target then why not go and hire a fleet of cars from Budget - I'm sure no one would shoot at George Dubya whilst he was behind the wheel of a Hyundai!! Lazy bastard should drive himself!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast