View Poll Results: Winner & margin Rd 20

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swans by > 30 - Doesn't being in the top four feel like home???

11 28.95%
  • Swans <30 >15 - I'll take that win... Thank you very much.

17 44.74%
  • Swans < 15 - Far to close for comfort. Percentage boys... P.E.R.C.E.N.T.A.G.E.... Can I spell it out any clearer for you?

6 15.79%
  • Draw.......

1 2.63%
  • Lions win - Ouch.... Going to be much harder now to hold that top 4 spot...

3 7.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rd 20 Vs Lions.. Winner & Margin.....

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Rd 20 Vs Lions.. Winner & Margin.....

Four in a row!! Who would of thought???

OK. They were the 3 bottom teams and the Aints but we stilll won 4!!

But now vomes the tougher end of the draw. Where a win or a loss will make all the difference to our 2007 tilt at the mug.

The lions look like they might be back. Can the Swans continue the recent trend and tame them on their home ground???

Only time will tell.....

Swans by 36.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

There will be a few challenges (namely stopping Brown, I expect we will have at least one player back acting as a speed bump in front of him) but overall I was quite disappointed in what Brisbane offered up against Hawthorn. They are quite reliant on their top tier players (Black, Power, Brown & Lappin) so if we shut them down, it will go a long way towards winning.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I think the Swans will win

On the Rookie List
    The Lions defence leaked badly on the weekend. The Hawks stretched them at every opportunity.

I think the Swans have to stay very active in that front half and they will trouble Brisbane. Sydney have a stern mean defence that won't let in as many points as Hawthorn did.

Yes it will be imporant to stop Brown but stopping the flow of ball in his direction is more important.

Schneides, ROK Macca and Monty will be important to Sydney to maintain a hive of activity in our F50.

6 weeks ago, this would have looked like an easy clash, now Sydney have to fight very hard for a win. Sydney go in as luke warm favourites only.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

It's going to be very close. Brisvegas have stepped up a level in the last couple of weeks.
    Hopefully, we'll be in front when the hooter goes off.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Swans by 32.
    My Pokemon brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "Wanna trade cards?"
    "Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I can beat you, I've got Charizard!"

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    There will be a few challenges (namely stopping Brown, I expect we will have at least one player back acting as a speed bump in front of him) but overall I was quite disappointed in what Brisbane offered up against Hawthorn. They are quite reliant on their top tier players (Black, Power, Brown & Lappin) so if we shut them down, it will go a long way towards winning.
    So was stopping the g-string and sooky boy last week and look what happend.I can hear B2 now saying,bring on the big galoot.
    I hope Hall,MOL,ROK.DAVO can kick it into a higher gear this week as well as the second tier players.
    Last edited by swantastic; 13th August 2007 at 05:42 PM.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    Hooters go off????

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    It's going to be very close. Brisvegas have stepped up a level in the last couple of weeks.
    Perhaps we should say 'hopefully we'll be in front a minute after the hooter goes off', just incase Barry has to kick any goals after the siren again. Please don't let that happen again!

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    What will Baz-you-know-wh-ooka say to that?
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    We have strangled their midfield for the past 3 years so hopefully we can put the choker on them again. The clash between Brown and the kamikaze kid will be worth watching.

Bloods by 28

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast