Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lie of the Ladder

Nice avatar Ugg

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    No it's not, both Hawthorn and the Roos (if they lose today) are still vunerable if they lose one of their last two games.

DST
    North is 7 goals down at about the 5 minute mark of the last qrtr. Can't see them winning from there.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    LoL, I think its time for a change. Its nearly been a year.

Geelong look home now.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Siren. Wow. Almost.

Need Port to lose last 2 to Geelong (away) & Freo (home)
    I actually see this happening. Not that I know what that outcome means to us.

roflmao I'm just so confused reading this thread. especially page 3

Ah yes you're right. My apologies. Doesn't seem too bad when you put it like that. Hope the Bulldogs win today so they'll have something to play for when they meet the Roos.
    Also the small matter of both Chris Grant & Luke Darcey playing what will be their last game for the club.

That is a massive danger game for the Roos, who are looking decidely tired the longer the season goes.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

LoL, I think its time for a change. Its nearly been a year.

Geelong look home now.
    That's what I thought, Geelong only 21 points up now.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

As long as we win the last 2 games ( ) I don't think it'll be too much of a stretch to see us in the top 4.

We won't have to worry about Collingwood or Hawthorn as we'll have beaten them.

We'll just need the Bulldogs to beat the Roos (or Carlton to beat them, but that's less likely) and/or Port to lose to Geelong and Freo. Neither of those scenarios are out of the question, but it sucks having to rely on other results. Oh well.

On the Rookie List

Fourth Spot!!!

THE FACTS!!!

Here is the real situation and scenario for the Swans to finish FOURTH

With the Kangaroos and Hawthorn losing today, they along with Collingwood are only 2 POINTS above the Swans on the ladder.

If the Swans win their last two games which conveniently is against Collingwood and Hawthorn, we only need to have the Kangaroos lose just one of their last two games and guess what....the Swans finish 4th on the ladder

The problem is that the Kangaroos have Carlton next week followed by our new best friends the Bulldogs in the last round.

As long as the Swans do themselves the favour of winning the last two games and the Bulldogs can beat the Kangaroos then bingo we finish FOURTH!!!

Unfortunately if we had won against the Lions we would now already be in Fourth spot.
    Last edited by originalswan; 19th August 2007 at 05:56 PM. Reason: have to

Exclamation

Ah yes you're right. My apologies. Doesn't seem too bad when you put it like that. Hope the Bulldogs win today so they'll have something to play for when they meet the Roos.
    That is a very important factor, the doggies to have a reason to win..and dont off the Saints..they could knock of the Eagles next week to keep their own season alive, and the Bombers will be playing for a position in the final 8 and potentially Sheeds last game, will make a massive contest in Subi for the last game.
    There are still a few twists in the tail yet..

Veterans List
    How close was that shot of Eberts to hitting the post. He hits the post, a draw, and the whole scenario changes. A season of inches.

Quote Originally Posted by originalswan View Post
    As long as the Swans do themselves the favour of winning the last two games and the Bulldogs can beat the Kangaroos then bingo we finish FOURTH!!!
    and if Port lose to BOTH Geelong and Fremantle and the above happens we can still finish THIRD

PLUS

if the all of the above happens and West Coast ALSO lose both their last two matches to St Kilda and Essendon we can still finish SECOND

Third or Second means Port and West Coast would need to lose both their remaining matches, which seems unlikely but its possible so we DON'T give up hope just yet.

Me, I'm holding on to 4th or 5th

Unfortunately if we had won against the Lions we would now already be in Fourth spot.
    Which makes posts and threads like this so hard to take. The team stuffed up and now we are make sure of all the possible outcomes for us to finish where in the next fortnight.

Fun isn't it
    Once was, now elsewhere

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast