Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We make the finals...we are a chance!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    You seem to fail to take into account the teams that the Lions have not only beaten, but smashed over the last few weeks. Take that into account and last night is not the armageddon that some people on here seem to think it is.

I agree. People on here seem to be reacting as if we'd just drawn with Richmond.

Brisbane have been playing some great footy. Most of us on here were pretty apprehensive about this encounter. The fact we got so close to winning - and should have won - seems to have tilted the depression factor too far one way. Result was crap but the performance was far from a disaster.

I'm glad I see so many optimists here. I wish I could share your optimism, but I can't. Although judging by results we should have the best defense in recent years, our attack has let us down and it looks to me it is not going to improve this year. Now, it would take a miracle to get us to GF and we know how many times that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I'm glad I see so many optimists here. I wish I could share your optimism, but I can't.
    I'm not surprised by that, from your posts on here, you don't really seem to be the optimistic type.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Got to admire optimisim, but Sydney would struggle to beat the Pies or the Hawks on the form shown last night.
    I think we are all under estimating the Lions. they have been one of the form sides of the competion in the last 5 or 6 weeks; the gabbatoir has been their fortress and they were playing for as much as we were, if not more.
    It is a game we should have won, got 2 points which don't hell us for the Top 4, but probably insure that we make the 8, which is contrary to what many of the posters here, believed would be the case.

Put it this way, I am far more confident of beathing Collingwood on their current form than was with the Brisbane game.

I oftern think too many people on this board pay little or no attention to how other teams are playing or just don't give any credit to a side like Brisbane who for last 7 weeks have been in outstanding form.

Our only recent lost has been West Coast and I can tell you if we had got them last night without Judd and Cousins we would have won that game comfortably.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12