Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans are just making up the finals numbers for '07

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Our season ended when Kenneally went down two weeks ago.

Barry Hall has been playing like he's walking on egg shells all year, whilst getting a hard deal from the umps and MOL has just become mostly irrelevant to opposition teams.
    With this ridiculous hands in the back rule it seems Barry has forgotten or is afraid of taking a contested mark incase he gives away a free kick

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Question:

If we smack Hawthorn by 10 goals next week and get barry/kennelly/LRT back for the first game of the finals is our season still over?
    Well IF we do then I'd say we'll probably play them away in week 1 @ mcg or telstra dome and could very well make it to week 2 of the finals but that's where our journey will end.

If we lose to the hawks next week we could actually miss the finals if the bombers beat richmond and essendon.

What would be better for us? Finishing 8th and playing the Pies in week 1 or the hawks? Both will be away games of course (unless the hawks lose t'row and we beat them next week, which will mean we play them at home)

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Question:

If we smack Hawthorn by 10 goals next week and get barry/kennelly/LRT back for the first game of the finals is our season still over?
    Unfortunate choice of words.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by bigghaz View Post

What would be better for us? Finishing 8th and playing the Pies in week 1 or the hawks? Both will be away games of course (unless the hawks lose t'row and we beat them next week, which will mean we play them at home)
    I'd prefer to play the Hawks I think. We've been awful against Collingwood this year, although you'd like to think that things would be different in a final.

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    It's all academic...the team that played tonight has NO chance of winning a final, most were slow, hesitant, clumsy and muddle-headed in their thinking. The writing was on the wall last week when they let the Brisbane win slip away. Tonight apart from Goodsie, B2, maybe Bazza and a couple of others, they were woeful. One thing I hope is that Roosie gives it to them good and proper for that effort. Maybe take them down to St Kilda beach in the morning for a 5am dip among the icebergs...It worked for the drunkards...
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

If we do go out pretty quickly - we have no excuses for a slow start to 08. Pre-season can start earlier so we should (being the ley word) be further along by the time rd 1 comes along. It's been the price of success the last few years, but we definitely won't be going as far as we have the last couple of years.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    Pal ... I more than anybody want the swans to make me eat my words. I picked it quite a few weeks ago and was thrown down from all fronts.
    I know my footy ... the swans are not going to make the granny this year. I'm not pathetic ... just keepin' it real.

What good is Kennelly if we can't get the ball past centre forward???? Kennelly CAN'T put the team into the granny on his own.
    Can we beat Hawthorn at the MCG? Yes
    Can we beat port/Kanga's at AAMI or MCG? Yes

We can make a prelim...and from there who knows..

We can beat any team, anywhere. I guarantee at some stage in 2005 and 2006 you thought we wouldn't make the granny either. I'm sure in 2003 at AAMI against port you thought we wouldn't win that. I'm sure in 2005 against geelong with 5 mins left in the game you thought we wouldn't win that.

in 2003..when we kicked 10 goals in the final quarter against melbourne im sure you said we couldn't do that.

In 2007 after 5 rounds when Geelong were sitting 10th on the ladder did you think that Geelong would go on to win 15+ games in a row?

If you know football so well then I'm sure you haven't got a tip wrong all year.

Fact is football is an unpredictable game...heck in 100+ years of VFL/AFL NEVER Has a team gone through a season undefeated.

Did you honestly think Annie that Western Bulldogs would end Essendon's run of 18-19 games in a row? Did you honestly think that the Crows would go back to back in 1997 from 5th..having to travel every week of the finals.

Look..things can turn around very fast. I'd expect us to beat Hawthorn and if we get Kennelly back then anything is possible.

Correct me if I'm wrong but out of the 9 games we have lost this year..Kennelly has missed 7 or 8 of them.

Kennelly is an extremely influential player.

There's no point saying our season is over...as the old saying goes. Let's take it one week at a time.

As long as we have 22 players step out on to the field with the belief they can win and hold onto that belief every minute of every game then we are a chance.
    Last edited by swans_premiers; 25th August 2007 at 11:35 PM.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Regular in the Side
    Wish we had a few promising young players like Collingwood have blooded this season. Maybe Barlow will be a good find and perhaps Laidlaw and White.

There should be no excuses for not having an intense pre-season like the Kangaroos did this year.

Swans don't deserve to win the flag this year and won't win it, the highest we'll finish is 6th. I'd like to be proven wrong but I don't think it's going to happen.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

lol Margie Collingwood is a conundrum to me. I thought they went in hard tonight but that was it- a lot of their kicking was poor in my opinion and a lot of their options werent good either. They do have some good decent young players but some like Thomas are massively overhyped and will never be much more then solid footballers imo.

We however have to get serious in the off season.... we need to start the season well and I think we have to be aggressive in the trade window. We have to get some new faces in and get some quality if we can get some.... eg a tall back especially seeing as LRT does seem to have fallen to the outer. We need some new blood I feel at the club and maybe its time for a couple of older heads to go.

And Swans_Premiers I love what you write and in the back of our minds I think we all wish it to be true and maybe it could be.... but on what we have seen this year do you honestly see us pulling out 3 quality performances in a row to make the Prelim..... its going to be tough enough next week at home to the Hawks let alone a trip to Melbourne in the 1st week to end up playing the Hawks on a ground that far better suits their style or Collingwood so we can get bashed by the yellow maggots again. Just cant see it myself but I still hold some hope of course!

SwansPrem what you write would be a dream come true. In 2005 we were all walking into unchartered territory. Two years down the track - when every other coach knows our one and only game plan back to front - it's not the same scenario. We have to fight a lot harder, and other than a few players, in alternating games, the fight is just not there.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Here we go again..."The sky is falling.... "
    You have some positive messages...???

I went to see WC v. StK last night, and we are so far behind WC it's not funny.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast