Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Swans are just making up the finals numbers for '07

wow we limp into the finals , ive never to date wanted richmond to win, today must have been a first. thanks tigers

2008 starts early

With Essendon losing today, the Swans are definitely in the eight. So next week will be the perfect time to rest everyone who needs it. The Hawks on the other hand, have a top 4 spot to play for, so expect that they will come out firing.

Anyone that needs surgery requiring a rehab that will cut into next season, should get it now, even if that means Kennelly and Hall won't play again this year. It hardly matters anyway.

The Swans need to rebuild now, with a few new players and new game plan. I would give Barlow, Laidlaw, Moore, Thornton, Brabazon, Simpkin and White all a go for the next 2 weeks. I don't know if it is still possible to elevate another rookie, if so, maybe Rowe or Jack again.

This year is shot, so lets give ourselves something to look forward to in 2008.

Jack is elevated I believe, Rowe might've been handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Swans need to rebuild now, with a few new players and new game plan. I would give Barlow, Laidlaw, Moore, Thornton, Brabazon, Simpkin and White all a go for the next 2 weeks. I don't know if it is still possible to elevate another rookie, if so, maybe Rowe or Jack again.
    Surely you're not seriously suggesting we start blooding kids in finals?

Quote Originally Posted by dendol View Post
    Surely you're not suggesting we start blooding kids in finals?
    No, just next week against the Hawks, rest up the sore ones so they are ready come week 1 of finals.

Quote Originally Posted by dendol View Post
    Surely you're not suggesting we start blooding kids in finals?
    Why not, it's been done plenty of times before.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    It's called youthful enthusiasm.

Edited my post to include the quote I was responding to. We've made the finals, as if Roos would all of a sudden throw 5 rookies in the thick of pressure-cooker finals after having continued to play his favourites for the preceding 22 rounds.

If you look at how some of the better teams are playing this year, we are simply not in that class. After 21 rounds, we no longer need to believe in miracles. And with the injury situation and impending suspension of Monty, we have no chance to go anywhere in the finals this year.

How about a lineup like this for next week:

Davis Grundy McVeigh
    Barlow ROK Laidlaw
    Schmidt Goodes Malceski
    Richards C Bolton Dempster
    Bevan LRT Barry
    Jolly Kirk Moore.
    INTER: White, Thornton, Brabazon, Simpkin

We can play this team into the finals IMO. I don't think bringing in an injured Hall and a three time injured Kennelly will make a difference. I honestly think this team will do just as well as the usual regulars. Maybe the regulars would just lose by a smaller margin. So what.

The future starts now.

If Grundy were to play at FF, he'd really have to step up because his time down back has been ordinary. I wouldn't be surprised if ROK takes the CHF position as the midfielders will kick to him rather than Davis.

With that lineup consisting of several Reserves-regulars, I'd be very interested in how well they'll cope under pressure when they face real competition (AFL) compared to the U-12 crap they experience in the Canberra league.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If you look at how some of the better teams are playing this year, we are simply not in that class. After 21 rounds, we no longer need to believe in miracles. And with the injury situation and impending suspension of Monty, we have no chance to go anywhere in the finals this year.

How about a lineup like this for next week:

Davis Grundy McVeigh
    Barlow ROK Laidlaw
    Schmidt Goodes Malceski
    Richards C Bolton Dempster
    Bevan LRT Barry
    Jolly Kirk Moore.
    INTER: White, Thornton, Brabazon, Simpkin

We can play this team into the finals IMO. I don't think bringing in an injured Hall and a three time injured Kennelly will make a difference. I honestly think this team will do just as well as the usual regulars. Maybe the regulars would just lose by a smaller margin. So what.

The future starts now.
    LOL. Maybe those guys will get a run in the 2008 Nth Sydney game.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567