Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trading & Recruiting

There is no way I would want Andrew Lovett as a Swan.His off field behaviour is attrocius.

Quote Originally Posted by Marry me Goodes View Post
    I we are looking to pinch a few players, I would be keen to recruit:

Mundy
    Playfair
    Graham (even though he's a west coast boy)

Shame S. Johnson has kicked on this year. He would have been a steal last year. Near All Australian after missing the first five weeks...

Mundy is very highly rated over there and would be an absolute gem. would love to pick him up.

playfair & LRT are good friends used to drive to football together both NSW boys.

think that their could be alot of players at geelong who we could use and who would be disapointed with the lack of oppotunity this season.

josh hunt could be handy. very good kick.

Veterans List
    I have said a number of times it is how we set up at centre bounces and what roles players have. We seem purely intent on blocking players. I thought getting your hands on the footy first was the number one fundamental of our game. Our centre bounce work on Saturday was as bad as I have seen it.

Someone mentioned that Buchanan hardly ever contests centre bounces, why would that be when he is as had as we have got. The strategy of playing for the secondary bounce is not working, scrap it.

Any chance Roos might now say to the players to let loose and play their own game, because how we are playing now is only producing 11 labourious goals.

Our style of play will remain consistent with Roos until 2009 when he hands over the position to Longmire. So i doubt a quick outside midfielder would help in our line up.

We need to promote players so we can release Kennely & Malceski into the midfield/wings. could do alot more damage with their delievery onto the chest of our foward.

Laidlaw is someone who given the chance could step up onto the HBF, also see Barlow as a HBF

[QUOTE=Cheese;329224]
    playfair & LRT are good friends used to drive to football together both NSW boys.

QUOTE]

Perfect reason to trade for him.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Driving together will reduce the impact of global warming.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Mundy is very highly rated over there and would be an absolute gem. would love to pick him up.

think that their could be alot of players at geelong who we could use and who would be disapointed with the lack of oppotunity this season.

josh hunt could be handy. very good kick.
    So you're saying we should let LRT go to the Cats???

Veterans List
    Our style of play will remain consistent with Roos until 2009 when he hands over the position to Longmire. So i doubt a quick outside midfielder would help in our line up.

We need to promote players so we can release Kennely & Malceski into the midfield/wings. could do alot more damage with their delievery onto the chest of our foward.

Laidlaw is someone who given the chance could step up onto the HBF, also see Barlow as a HBF
    Now Cheese, it has been debated on here adnausium about these blokes going into the midfield and wings. Neither of them have the bodies of a midfielder and both are straight ahead players. Their best spot is running from the backline and passing deep into the forward line. Problem is our forwards are usually back lately.

Put them on the wings etc and they will instantly be tagged out of the game.

We can put them on a magnet board and draw an oval on a piece of paper, but that is all it is, the oft over used term "on paper". It wont work for a number of factors, one being they would be running with the flight of the ball with others coming at them from another direction, all directions. As a HB they are reading and watching the ball coming to them. Also this far into their careers, particularly Kennelly, are they able to change roles.

I say leave them where they are, they are doing fine, if it aint broke dont change it.

Quote Originally Posted by originalswan View Post
    So you're saying we should let LRT go to the Cats???
    I'd take a trade for Tomahawk.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

we have nailed a number one pick in BREDAN MURPHY...

i officially am on the band wagon!!!

we have nailed a number one pick in BREDAN MURPHY...

i officially am on the band wagon!!!
    He sounds like an excellent prospect at 194cm. Overdue seeing as we already have a ,made to order, mentor in Tadhg.
    While we're at it, it's time we invested in some more Indigenous boys, to add excitement and flair, particually while we've still got MOL and Goodesy at the club.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    He sounds like an excellent prospect at 194cm. Overdue seeing as we already have a ,made to order, mentor in Tadhg.
    While we're at it, it's time we invested in some more Indigenous boys, to add excitement and flair, particually while we've still got MOL and Goodesy at the club.

No way, Freo and the Bummers have been stacked with them over recent years and look where they are. Choose the indigenous players with care, dont overload with them. Quick but not strong bodied most of them.

Goodes is an exception to the rule.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast