Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Trading & Recruiting

recruiting wood makes sense, spida has another yr left, the donk will be gone seasons end and jolly can forget abt going anywhere.
    so jolly and wood in 08 and if jolly does go he is worth a 1st round pick plus, definitely in top 5 ruckman in comp ( cox, lade, ottens , white ) and there are not many good ruckman around
    so in short jolly stays

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    I would like to see some genuine pace in the midfield. D'OK sounds like he has great disposal and the old chestnut "good mark for his size" but doesn't sound overly quick.

Some KPP size players would be good too. I still reckon Grundy might develop into someone useful.

Vogels appears to be a "depth player" on our list. Either we give him a genuine crack or trade him to someone who lacks size.(bulldogs) Is Malcolm Lynch quick? He's from NSW....
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Eagles fans will tell you he is not of (Australian) indigenous extraction. I gather his racial background is part Indian or Sri Lankan.
    Well, you learn something every day! Still the most damaging middie.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List
    Jolly would be a big loss. BUT, on the other hand a "big loss" would ultimately bring about a potential "big gain" or win/win for both clubs.

Perhaps Fevola and Thornton (even though he's dropped off a bit this year) for Jolly and pick 3?

By the way for all those who care the mention of Maurice Rioli reminds me that he was nearly a Swan except that we couldn't fit him into the salary cap of the time.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by originalswan View Post
    Jolly would be a big loss. BUT, on the other hand a "big loss" would ultimately bring about a potential "big gain" or win/win for both clubs.

Perhaps Fevola and Thornton (even though he's dropped off a bit this year) for Jolly and pick 3?
    Sounds good to me. We might look at the lists of those clubs low in the ruckman stocks (Carlton, Saints, Bulldogs) and see who we like.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin

I am confused. We don't have pick 3 to trade away. And the only way we could get it would be to trade away Goodes, O'Keefe or Malceski (the only players on our list who I think could conceivably be exchanged for such a pick, taking age into account).

On the Rookie List
    I am confused. We don't have pick 3 to trade away. And the only way we could get it would be to trade away Goodes, O'Keefe or Malceski (the only players on our list who I think could conceivably be exchanged for such a pick, taking age into account).
    Our third Round pick!!!

Veteran Site Admin
    Our third Round pick!!!
    We wouldn't get even Fevola alone for our 3rd round pick and Jolly- not along with Thornton thrown in as well. Carlton refused to trade him last year for a highish second round pick and I don't think that much would have changed for them this year.

Not that I think Thornton is someone that would make much of a difference to us anyway. He looks like a decent 3rd tall but not really strong enough to hold down a key back post (even though he's been forced to at Carlton).

On the Rookie List
    We wouldn't get even Fevola alone for our 3rd round pick and Jolly- not along with Thornton thrown in as well. Carlton refused to trade him last year for a highish second round pick and I don't think that much would have changed for them this year.

Not that I think Thornton is someone that would make much of a difference to us anyway. He looks like a decent 3rd tall but not really strong enough to hold down a key back post (even though he's been forced to at Carlton).
    I think we would be looking for such a trade and possibly obtain it if as I have mentioned previously an auction type bidding war starts for his services.

Remember always start high and settle for an outcome that you would have originally been satisfied with, such as I believe Hawthorn did when dealing with the Swans for Everitt.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Well, you learn something every day! Still the most damaging middie.

Sadly, you learn the wrong thing, his heritage is nothing of the sort.

However, it really is irelevant as Sanecow pointed out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanecow View Post
    Either way, he has a touch of the tarbrush.
    Do the laws of discrimination not apply to this website? I am very glad that the legal liability is not mine!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Layby View Post
    Sadly, you learn the wrong thing, his heritage is nothing of the sort.
    Oh? What's the good oil?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345