Thread: Injuries to blame

Injuries to blame

That's Roos' Mad Monday assessment of our season.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001023,00.html

Most of our problems this year probably stem from injuries more than anything else.
    Maybe it's just the beer talking??
    Last edited by hammo; 11th September 2007 at 11:10 AM.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

WC had worse injuries than us and did better.

Adelaide had worse injuries last year.

Who are all our injuries? Kennelly, Hall, and LRT?

Injuries are a fact of football. It's hardly the case we've been decimated by injuries. So we are now crying poor for the bad luck with injuries - I don't recall us praising the heavens for our fantastic luck with injuries in the previous 4 years.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post

Maybe it's just the beer talking??
    Society is to blame

Some funny pics in that article though

The fact is, when players get older they are more susceptible to injury.

There is no logical reason why Hall, Barry, Crouch, Mathews etc will have a free run with injuries next year when they are all a year older and the hamstrings just a little tighter.

Throwing most of our eggs in that basket can only backfire.

Injuries to key players are always a problem but sometimes you can cover if you've blooded enough youngsters along the way. That is where we are seriously behind other teams.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    WC had worse injuries than us and did better.

Adelaide had worse injuries last year.

Who are all our injuries? Kennelly, Hall, and LRT?
    With a borderline list like the Swans (ie a list in which few of the reserves have had significant AFL game time), injuries have a bigger effect.

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    I don't recall us praising the heavens for our fantastic luck with injuries in the previous 4 years.
    Silly. A good run with injuries is due to good player management, a bad run is due to luck. In fact Crouch and LRT basically spent the year recovering from the previous season.

Injuries to blame? Not so says Fosdike!

"Our injuries were probably not that bad, our form was more the issue," he said.

"That was the most disappointing thing rather than the injuries that our form has not been good enough and we just didn't show up to play sometimes."
    Source

Amazing the difference 3 days can make

Senior Player
    I have a feeling we had quite a few players playing through injuries. It has been the same in the past however the aging of some players had a greater effect this year.