Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official: We're up for trading!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Are we forgetting Micky O's 20 missed shots on goal? We should've killed them!

We won, so they officially are non-important. Had we lost that game, no doubt Micky and Ablett would have been subject to the same kind of bagging that Hall, Jude and Jolly still receive for the 2006 final. (Though strangely, Amon and Thagd seem largely to have escaped similar blame for their roles in gifting goals to the Eagles that afternoon.)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Plus he took a mark within relatively easy kicking distance for goal and chose to play on rather than take a set shot. And there was another fumble when he was in the clear in the goal square which fluffed a pretty good scoring chance for the Eagles.

Gee that sounds familiar, sounds like us, we will snap him up for sure.

There is only one player to get traded this year for a top 10 pick and that's Jolly. Not so much for his talent but the shortage of immediate ruckmen available.

Could also be a few three way trades if aints and dorks go for Judd.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Our first round pick for Goose McGuire..would make a very big differnce to the defence...one of TK or Malceski into the middle..and if they could swing it..and Jolly wants to go..straight swap for the Fev.. or high quality midfielder..should also be chasing after tenance from Geelong, has some class..

The decision by Judd is a massive boost for us in our quest to trade for an established outside midfielder.

There are now 10 clubs in Victoria who are all keen to advance their draft position in the hope they can use their draft picks for Judd and fall back on our 11th pick or use that pick as part of the trade.

We will see more clubs willing to look at trades and be more likely to go a little further than we have in previous years. Add to that a skinny draft and clubs will be looking to swap to improve this year.

Saying that, I can't see us giving up #11 other than using that to advance further up the que with a sweetner of a player.

The intrigue over the next couple of weeks is going to be massive as the horse trading begins.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Veteran Site Admin
    Talk is that Martin Mattner's looking for a new start at a different club. He's had a very ordinary year this year but in previous years looked very dangerous indeed. I reckon he's the kind of player who would flourish in a new club and would fit very nicely into Malceski's role if they're intent on moving him into the midfield.

Just turned 25 a few weeks ago so should have a lot of football ahead of him and probably wouldn't cost the acquiring club an arm and a leg.

We should look at Robert Hadrill from Freo.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Talk is that Martin Mattner's looking for a new start at a different club. He's had a very ordinary year this year but in previous years looked very dangerous indeed. I reckon he's the kind of player who would flourish in a new club and would fit very nicely into Malceski's role if they're intent on moving him into the midfield.

Just turned 25 a few weeks ago so should have a lot of football ahead of him and probably wouldn't cost the acquiring club an arm and a leg.
    Agree on that count.

Another one that would fit our needs is Travis Johnston from Melbourne.

Not fast but carries the ball, is creative and has exquisite foot skills. He would need to be fully committed to getting the best out of himself which is something he has not done in the past at Melbourne.

If Melbourne is a serious player in the Judd deal, someone like Johnston may well be on the table.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Veteran Site Admin
    Not keen on Johnstone at all. Highly talented but chronic underachiever and hasn't seemed that committed to keeping his body in great shape. And unlike someone like Mattner, he is about as close to a marquee player at his current club as the Demons get, meaning they'd expect to get more for him than his actual performances warrant. Plus he's a couple of year's older.

Johnstone, Mattner? Is this 1998!

I think Buddy Love will be a Hawk for many years.After all his family moved from Perth to Melbourne to be near their son.

in answer to robbo, hadrill is /was a good player but there is a but that being he has barely been sighted on the field in the last 2 yrs , as good a player that he is do we need another doyle on our list.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast