Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official: We're up for trading!

Official: We're up for trading!

Swans' 2nds coach Brett Allison has the word:

"We would probably be looking to acquire a strong key forward, a mature player," Allison said. "That outside running midfielder that Roosy has mentioned or possibly look to improve our position in the draft."

Unless he's talking about bribing the bottom sides to pass on their first-round pick, that can only mean one thing. The endless speculation about who we will be offering up to trade, can now continue unabated.

Firstly, forget anyone the wrong side of 28. However, I wouldn't dismiss the notion that players like JBolt and NOG would have value. You'd be surprised what some Melbourne teams will buy.

Veterans List
    Fairly obvious from that article who wont be delisted but also reading between the lines they sound like they are prepared to bargain for a top 10 pick.

Could be some very healthy debate on here in the coming weeks.

From that article, things are looking pretty shaky for Grundy. If they're looking to draft another KP forward then his head could be on the chopping block.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    From that article, things are looking pretty shaky for Grundy. If they're looking to draft another KP forward then his head could be on the chopping block.
    It may or may not be on the block but don't think you can infer it from that article. Micky O and Hall will be gone within a maximum of three more years. So we have the core of a forward line to replace. And they've been tallking up Grundy as a defender in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It may or may not be on the block but don't think you can infer it from that article. Micky O and Hall will be gone within a maximum of three more years. So we have the core of a forward line to replace. And they've been tallking up Grundy as a defender in recent weeks.
    Oh dear....

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Oh dear....
    I'll second that
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Looks like anyone who can't make it as a forward gets givin a real shot in our defense.. it worked for Leo, I guess its worth trying similar sized players like Brennan and Grundy as backmen as well.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by dendol View Post
    Looks like anyone who can't make it as a forward gets givin a real shot in our defense.. it worked for Leo, I guess its worth trying similar sized players like Brennan and Grundy as backmen as well.
    Get Rid of Brennan for starters...

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfrou View Post
    Get Rid of Brennan for starters...
    not just yet, think he's worth persisting with for at least next year

On the Rookie List
    not just yet, think he's worth persisting with for at least next year
    But in a year where, Laidllw, Jack and Barlow all made their debut's Brennan just looked out of place for a player that we plucked from another club.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfrou View Post
    But in a year where, Laidllw, Jack and Barlow all made their debut's Brennan just looked out of place for a player that we plucked from another club.
    neither Laidlaw, Jack, or Barlow would be considered to play on a KPP like Brennan was against the Pies. Yes he was towelled up, but he's at least an option if, god forbid, we lose CBolts, Leo, LRT to injury next year.

I dont like to write-off any player unless they are given a real crack in the seniors. Brennan has hardly been given a proper chance, unlike some others in the team who continually get picked

On the Rookie List
    neither Laidlaw, Jack, or Barlow would be considered to play on a KPP like Brennan was against the Pies. Yes he was towelled up, but he's at least an option if, god forbid, we lose CBolts, Leo, LRT to injury next year.

I dont like to write-off any player unless they are given a real crack in the seniors. Brennan has hardly been given a proper chance, unlike some others in the team who continually get picked
    Listen I hear you on that, but when another club has already come to the same conclusion? I just don't know how much patience I have for that.

But then again, most of our injuries were to back men this year so perhaps he is worth sticking with *shrug*

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast