Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All Australian team minus swan

All Australian team minus swan

Apart from an early departure this year, not a single Swan in the AA team.

Accurate reflection of how our team played compared to others.

I'm actually glad because the whole team can have a proper break.

WE've bagged a few players this year but also have a look at the form of our AA players from last season.

I think nomination for the group AA selection was reward enough.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    So did all 9 Geelong players get in?

Thought C Bolts was a great chance to get in.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Any team which has Brad Johnson in the forward pocket, after the season the Dogs had, and ahead of the likes of Buddy Franklin can't be taken seriously IMO.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Regular in the Side
    you can understand kirk and malceski (kirk underrated and malceski too young) but craig bolton is a pretty big ommission ... he's in equal to if not better form than last year when he was all australian and there weren't that many stand outs!!

On the Rookie List
    @@@@ing Mcburney!!!!

Veteran Site Admin
    My guess is that they got to about 6 Geelong players and then decided they had to go the whole hog and fit them all in. Bit of a cop out in my opinion. Great team though they've been, it's a lot easier to play well when everyone else is playing well around you.

I'd have had either Franklin or Riewoldt on the bench (at a minimum) ahead of either Ling or Corey. In fact, I think I've had had one on the field and relegated one of the Johnsons to the bench (at best).

Lade vs McIntosh was probably a toss of the coin - but based on the principle that seems to have been applied in the past of waiting for a player to string together at least a couple of good seasons, it is understandable why they plumped for Lade in a line-ball decision.

Milburn's selection is deserved reward for several very consistent seasons. Even last year when Geelong were ordinary, he was a very good player.

We're all biased on here - not point denying it - but Egan's selection ahead of Bolts does rankle a little. Sure, he's been very good on the power forwards but he's also been surrounded by two other players deemed good enough to be AA and another, in Harley, that might have been nominated had he not been injured for part of the season.

Bolton's been almost as effective on those same power forwards and led a defence that conceded the second fewest points in the league. His rebound figures are far superior to Egan's and he hasn't had the luxury of even his normal defensive unit around him (LRT, Crouch, Kennelly) nor a dominant midfield ahead of him.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Any team which has Brad Johnson in the forward pocket, after the season the Dogs had, and ahead of the likes of Buddy Franklin can't be taken seriously IMO.

Here, here Hammo. I love Brad Johnson as a person, and he had a great 2006and has been a great champion and ambassdor to the game. But how he could have made the 2007 All Australian team ahead of Buddy Franklin simply beggars belief!! That is definitely the biggest error selection of this year's All Australian team

Also the selection of 9 cats was just a tad over top. For the sake of the All Australian selectors', Geelong better now win the flag.

Finally, I know Adam Goodes had a slow first half of the season, but surely he should have been among at least the last 40 players nominated.

almost the worst AA team i have ever seen

craig bolton was definitely robbed
    Roosy = LEGEND

Joel Corey made it in over Luke Hodge.

I stopped caring right there.

Suspended by the MRP
    The side this year is a joke.

Craig Bolton is far greater than Matthew Egan.

How the @@@@ did Sam Mitchell miss out is beyond me? Did they look at other clubs other than bloody Geelong?

Here I was thinking that I was the only person who didn't think Brad Johnson had a bad year.

Especially with Franklin & Reiwoldt missing out.

I also think Fletcher was a cheap "thanks for the career" king of selection which unfortunately cost Bolton his spot.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

That @@@@@@@@ Mark Bickley was one of the selectors, could have something to do with us not having a player in there.

Has a grudge against us because we apparently 'stole' a GF spot from his beloved crows over the past couple of years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast