Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kangas 2007 = Swans 2003

With Cloke and Rusling getting better all the time, that covers the Hall aspect, and Rocca is like MOL - mixed output but always potentially dangerous.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    The situations are almost identical.

Swans get knocked out of the finals straight away in 2001, have a shocker by missing the finals in 2002, then defy all odds to make a preliminary in 2003.

Kangas get knocked out of the finals straight away in 2005, have a shocker by missing the finals in 2006, then defy all odds to make the prelim this year.

They'll probably get slaughtered today but their achievements this year deserve a big thumbs up.
    and they got hammered in the prelim final like we did in '03 also!!!

Weren't Sydney also favourites to take out the spoon before the 2003 season?
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    You don't "fluke" your way into 4th place and then a preliminary final.
    Yeah you do. Kangas just did it.
    Damn that Sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and I'm wankered on rohypnol!

Quote Originally Posted by 573v30 View Post
    Weren't Sydney also favourites to take out the spoon before the 2003 season?
    Yep.

And if Port win this week, they also would of been beaten in the prelim by the eventual premiers just like the swans were in 2003.

Regular in the Side
    No doubt about it, Collingwood with their youth and great experienced coach are the team to watch in the next three years so.

Hawthorn should also be a team on the rise.

I worry about Sydney being left behind if they stick to the 2005 template. They must seriously consider promoting young players like Collingwood has done in recent times. If the Swans next year and the year after are to focus on the 'usual suspects' , (eg the Matthews, the Barrys, etc), we can forget about winning games against teams like Collingwood.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    I worry about Sydney being left behind if they stick to the 2005 template. They must seriously consider promoting young players like Collingwood has done in recent times. If the Swans next year and the year after are to focus on the 'usual suspects' , (eg the Matthews, the Barrys, etc), we can forget about winning games against teams like Collingwood.
    You're preaching to the converted round here.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    No doubt about it, Collingwood with their youth and great experienced coach are the team to watch in the next three years so.

Hawthorn should also be a team on the rise.

I worry about Sydney being left behind if they stick to the 2005 template. They must seriously consider promoting young players like Collingwood has done in recent times. If the Swans next year and the year after are to focus on the 'usual suspects' , (eg the Matthews, the Barrys, etc), we can forget about winning games against teams like anyone.
    Edited for accuracy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12