Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kangas 2007 = Swans 2003

Thumbs up Kangas 2007 = Swans 2003

The situations are almost identical.

Swans get knocked out of the finals straight away in 2001, have a shocker by missing the finals in 2002, then defy all odds to make a preliminary in 2003.

Kangas get knocked out of the finals straight away in 2005, have a shocker by missing the finals in 2006, then defy all odds to make the prelim this year.

They'll probably get slaughtered today but their achievements this year deserve a big thumbs up.

Up the mighty swannies!!!
    So what you are really saying is get your money on the Kangas to win 2010 premiership?

I think Collingwood is the better analogy and has more chance of winning a flag in the next few years.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by WASwansFanatic View Post
    So what you are really saying is get your money on the Kangas to win 2010 premiership?
    Excuse my maths, but wouldn't that make it 2009?
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    Lol, yes it would.

Up the mighty swannies!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am an A Class moron!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    The situations are almost identical.

They'll probably get slaughtered today but their achievements this year deserve a big thumbs up.
    Screw 'em. I hope they do get slaughtered. they fluked their way into the 4. Kangas will be on the decline come 2008. Core players are too old. Too many one-season-wonders.

@@@@@s.
    Damn that Sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and I'm wankered on rohypnol!

You don't "fluke" your way into 4th place and then a preliminary final.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    You don't "fluke" your way into 4th place and then a preliminary final.
    No, but they are pretenders and the result is an embarassment to them and the AFL.

There are half a dozen sides, Swans included, who would have given a better showing today. For varying reasons they missed out but it does show how crucial it is to finish top 4 as you get a pretty good ride into a PF if you're a half decent side with few injuries.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    No, but they are pretenders and the result is an embarassment to them and the AFL.

There are half a dozen sides, Swans included, who would have given a better showing today. For varying reasons they missed out but it does show how crucial it is to finish top 4 as you get a pretty good ride into a PF if you're a half decent side with few injuries.
    Yeah I tend to agree with this statement. Top four is uber-important but we had our chances this year at did not or could not take them. The Roos at least took those chances and performed better when it mattered (obviously not today though.)

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post

Yes. They are pretenders in that they can play H&A well, but struggle in finals atmosphere.

Who knows if we would have done much better. In the past few months so many raved on about the Swans being the team most would not want to face in finals and a team could make the GF from outside the top four and the Swans were most likely to do that - now we see that all that was completely wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    I think Collingwood is the better analogy and has more chance of winning a flag in the next few years.
    Yeah totally agree..There are many similarities between the 2003 swans and 2007 wobbles(except rocca is no 04/05 BBBBH)...No coincidence considering Malthouse was one of the few swans admirers in 04- 05.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast