Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swans Brownlow vote summary for 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    But he was ineligible, so he was never in the hunt.
    Maybe the news of his ineligibility hasn't reached Melchoville yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    It doesn't matter how well you play all season if you are ineligible to win on the night.
    True hammo i was just making a point how well he did considering the very slow start to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    But he didn't "almost win". He was nine votes off the pace and was ineligible as well.
    Your right too NMW he couldnt have almost won because he was ineligible,but as i said above..
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

He did fantastically well, but it also showed how much he needs to pull his finger out at times.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

He did fantastically well, but it also showed how much he needs to pull his finger out at times.
    Your nevr happy NMW,your a glass is half empty type of guy not half full aren't you?
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Your nevr happy NMW,your a glass is half empty type of guy not half full aren't you?
    Mmmmm NMW, he's got you there.

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    No, I call it as I see it. He was crap in the first half and great in the second half.

You can't just ignore either half.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Mmmmm NMW, he's got you there.
    Not at all.

Not at all.
    Well Swantastic is calling it as he sees it and he sees you as a glass half empty kind of guy.

I agree 100% with him and I'd hazard to guess a fair proportion of this board would as well.

It's OK though. If you want to take a pessimistic view of most things Swans, that's your prerogative, but don't be surprised when fans on a fans website call you on it. By definition they are going to be glass half full when it comes to their team.

On the Rookie List
    As I posted somewhere last night, how Craig Bolton managed to obtain no votes from the StKilda game at Homebush is just astonishing, truly astounding.
    I don't know many backmen that come in the radar of the umpires really. I mean you wont see Glen Archer or Steve Silvagni win a brownlow.

Even Plugger when he won his was a surprise. It's always the on ballers and centre half fwds who get the accolades.

Because Goodes is always in the play pretty much directing traffic he'll always poll well. If he's form stepped up 3-4 games earlier I reckon he could have clinched it. But then again if Bartell played the last 2 games he might have been further ahead.

I personally think the Players Assoc award is a higher accolade. I don't know if James Hird or Barry Hall are at the front of umpires minds.

Thankfully Goodesy liked by them and he's a good sport I predict more to come.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    Nine points is a lot in the Brownlow, isn't it?
    that's a hell of a lot. considering 22-23 votes is about par for a win or a joint win

Well Swantastic is calling it as he sees it and he sees you as a glass half empty kind of guy.

I agree 100% with him and I'd hazard to guess a fair proportion of this board would as well.
    You may be confusing the username and the person.

It's OK though. If you want to take a pessimistic view of most things Swans, that's your prerogative, but don't be surprised when fans on a fans website call you on it. By definition they are going to be glass half full when it comes to their team.
    Sometimes called 'blind' or 'one eyed'... Interesting though that a number of people have said that Goodes played a poor half, but the focus is on my comment. Shows the focus on the username...

Interesting though that a number of people have said that Goodes played a poor half, but the focus is on my comment. Shows the focus on the username...
    FWIW, I agree 100% with your sentiments re: Goodes in this thread.

My assessment of you being a negative 'glass half empty' person, at least when it comes to the Swans, is based on years of both of us frequenting these boards.

I sort of think that Swantastic was thinking along the same lines, not necessarily pertaining to the Goodes issue. Though with our friend from Melchoville, you can't be too sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123