Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barry Mitchell back to Swans

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    3/3

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    3/3
    As meat loaf would say"2 outa 3 aint bad" so RP your flyin.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllGoodes View Post
    I think thats a very one-sided view of the situation at Carlton.
    Mitchell was encouraged by people at the club to apply for the coaching position, with the belief that Pagan was on the way out...which in the slightly longer run proved to be correct.

The "not-talking" issue was very much two-sided. His office at Princes Park (or whatever its called this week) was moved to a completely different part of the ground from Pagans...and Pagan didnt talk to Mitchell. One of the first things Rattan did when he was appointed was to move Mitchell back into the fold

Obviously the situation became untenable at Carlton...it was amazing that he lasted there as long as he did after the "break-up". And if Carlton are going to go stand-alone next year in the VFL the Bullants Coaching position was no longer a 'Carlton' position. Both Mitchell and Carlton need a clean start

My thoughts on Mitchell was that he was one of the most professional footballers to ever play for us. Paul Kelly speaks highly of him as someone who took him under his wing and provided him with the support and additional training etc he needed when he was new at the club.

He should be considered for any position at Sydney IF there is one available and IF there is no-one MORE appropriate available. I do think we got things wrong this year when Longmire became the onballers coach, but somehow I dont see this being reversed.

Perhaps Mitchell as the Reserves Coach if we have a team in the VFL is a logical fit?
    How divided opinions are on this site. I cant agree to have Mitchell under any circumstances. As already said he was a boil on the bum of Pagan to put it mildly and lets not forget he coached the Carlton Reserves to 9th this year, that is the reserves of the senior team that won 9 games in 2 years. No thanks.

At the Swans he racked up heaps of stats but to me was a very selfish non team oriented player. Poor kick at best and hung around Barry Round and took handpassess from his marks against howling gales presumably because Barry couldn't kick. He Loved Paul Kelly so much he deserted the sinking ship.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    They've gotten the pick of the bunch ... are they being developed properly though? Are they using them to lift themselves off the bottom of the ladder?
    Well Mitchell was supposedly the development coach.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    We don't need Mitchell's cancerous presence at the club.

The guy backstabbed Pagan for the best part of 2 years and wouldn't speak to him despite working at the same club. An ordinary piece of work.
    He didn't speak to Pagan because he tried to back door him, came unstuck and made a fool of himself. On the other hand the story was he agreed to be the scapegoat for a failed attempt by the committee to white ant Pagan.

Whichever way you look at it he was in on the skullduggery right up to his eyeballs. Dont want those sorts of devisive people around a club. Will be interesting to see if any club is stupid enought to enlist his coaching/people skills.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Mitchell Update....Lives in my street don't know him at all, just having big house reno, son u14 supposed to be a young gun, chances of going to Sydney ZERO...
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    he deserted the sinking ship.
    Case closed.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-bloods View Post
    Mitchell Update....Lives in my street don't know him at all, just having big house reno, son u14 supposed to be a young gun, chances of going to Sydney ZERO...

Counts out Carlton too. 2 down 14 to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123