Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Captain and Vice Captain of Sydney

Veterans List
    I suspect they will go with the co captains again.

If they do it should be:

Goodes - onfield leadership and clearly the best player at the club.
    Kirk - leads by example and the Bloods Spirit.
    O'Keefe - mature enough now and is ready for the step up and has a level head.

Happy to leave out Leo Barry because of his complete stupidity on the field and anything but onfield leadership by example.

Same for Hall. Poor onfield attitude and inability to adapt to the game changes, regardless of injury. Poor finishing skills leave me cold.

If they revert to the old system then it is Kirk as captain and Goodes as Vice.

They might like to change the mix of the leadership group and put in people without the mates bias and those who have some modicum of brains. That means Hall and Barry get dropped and they bar the inclusion of space cadets such as Mathews and Bolton J and anyone else who might be in danger of being dropped on form. As far as I am concerned a leadership group should not be more than 5.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I suspect they will go with the co captains again.

If they do it should be:

Goodes - onfield leadership and clearly the best player at the club.
    Kirk - leads by example and the Bloods Spirit.
    O'Keefe - mature enough now and is ready for the step up and has a level head.

Happy to leave out Leo Barry because of his complete stupidity on the field and anything but onfield leadership by example.

Same for Hall. Poor onfield attitude and inability to adapt to the game changes, regardless of injury. Poor finishing skills leave me cold.

If they revert to the old system then it is Kirk as captain and Goodes as Vice.

They might like to change the mix of the leadership group and put in people without the mates bias and those who have some modicum of brains. That means Hall and Barry get dropped and they bar the inclusion of space cadets such as Mathews and Bolton J and anyone else who might be in danger of being dropped on form. As far as I am concerned a leadership group should not be more than 5.
    I'd be satisfied with the 3 you have coined above. I'm the first one to say that I want Kirk as sole captain but maybe he is so inspirational at the moment because he shares the captaincy 'load' with 2 other people. He puts so much into his captaincy that if he had to do it alone - might make him explode.

ROK defo ready. He's a leader too. Goodes because he is our elitest player.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    No BH ... demonstrating an opinion.

You all know how much I'd love to see Goodsey made stand-alone Captain ... Prince Charles ain't gunna be king either.

It's sad.
    We've done it to death. You accept it is unlikely to happen for good reason.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

What ever the leadership group decides is fine with me They seem to make most of the decisions around the place anyway.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Whilst I wouldn't go so far as to say we are going to rebuild for 2008, you will know that I have proclaimed the era OVER. hence the next phase I strongly feel should be Goodes as captain. he showed on field in the second half of the year that he can go to the next level when things are not going so well. he was the ONLY player in the team who could. I feel has has the enthusiasm and the hunger for the captaincy. Call me old fashioned but I think this is a thing we could do with now.

Kirk was pretty good this year, but I would like to see the three captains released to concentrate on getting a kick and not having brain explosions.
    Last edited by sharp9; 30th September 2007 at 10:16 AM.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

I would like to nominate myself for captain and/or coach next season.

I promise to do whatever the fans tell me to do.

Delist players when they are playing poorly, and play rookies that sren't ready yet.

I also guarentee a flag next season.

Also, I will do my best to urinate on Craig Hutchison at some stage during the season.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I would like to nominate myself for captain and/or coach next season.

I promise to do whatever the fans tell me to do.

Delist players when they are playing poorly, and play rookies that sren't ready yet.

I also guarentee a flag next season.

Also, I will do my best to urinate on Craig Hutchison at some stage during the season.
    You got my vote!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12