Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spriggs won the Cats the flag

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I hope he spoke to Kirky before he got plastered!
    "There's no individual brijiliance, it's all about the Cortinas!!!!"

Fitting for a club whose major sponsor is Ford.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    "There's no individual brijiliance, it's all about the Cortinas!!!!"

Fitting for a club whose major sponsor is Ford.
    There's not a single Cortina in that midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanecow View Post
    If the leadership group were the brains behind leaving Buchanan out of the game against Collingwood then it's not really very funny. Whoever made that decision made a bad one.
    I am still amazed that people on here believe that leaving Buchanan out of the final was the wrong decision. He did not have a particularly good season and in the two games V Collingwood he was dreadful, so toweled up in round 21 he resorted to stupidity and spoilt his perfect record. I think he was damned lucky to even have been available for the final. The Swans seem to live by the rule of not changing a winning team and they stuck by that rule, no-one deserved to be dropped from that team V Hawthorn. The mistake in the selections for the final was not sticking by the same rule in regards to Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I am still amazed that people on here believe that leaving Buchanan out of the final was the wrong decision. He did not have a particularly good season and in the two games V Collingwood he was dreadful, so toweled up in round 21 he resorted to stupidity and spoilt his perfect record. I think he was damned lucky to even have been available for the final. The Swans seem to live by the rule of not changing a winning team and they stuck by that rule, no-one deserved to be dropped from that team V Hawthorn. The mistake in the selections for the final was not sticking by the same rule in regards to Hall.
    So what do we do when we get towelled up, like we did against the Pies ?

Do we bring back Bucky then ?

Or do you think it may be too late now the season is over ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    It does not work for everyone (see article with comments about Collingwood) but with it now bringing premierships to two clubs who in the past have had trouble turning good sides into great it shows that it can be succesfull.

I often laugh when I read comments on her about people bagging how much decision making power our leadership group has on most decisions.
    You're right it probably doesn't work for everyone (hard to see it working for a club like West Coast, they don't need it anyway), but with respect to Collingwood I reckon they're a club that desperately needs something like this to rid them of their wobbles, and rid them of their elitist culture (perfectly described in that article, with resepct to their untouchable champions) which IMO is one of the key things holding them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanecow View Post
    If the leadership group were the brains behind leaving Buchanan out of the game against Collingwood then it's not really very funny. Whoever made that decision made a bad one.
    Bucky in good form and playing with intensity would have been brought back into the side no doubt what so ever.

But unfortunately the 2007 Bucky was not the 2005/2006 model, he lacked intensity and hunger and was a liability for most of the year.

He knows what he needs to do to get back into the side and I think he can, but he didn't deserve a gam against Collingwood after the teams effort the week before and his efforts during the year against Collingwood.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12