Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who will we take with pick number 11

Who will we take with pick number 11

If the the Swans think our preimership window is still open I think they may pick someone who has the potential to play straight away.

For me if he is still available Tom Collier from Tassie would be the perfect fit.
    Looks like we want fast running skillfull players. He could fit straight in on a half back flank and free up kennely and Melcho. Is also taller than Barry and Bolts so could even eventually be turned into a mobile key position player or could even play the role on the 3rd tall. Also has played in the midfield so imagine 3 tall guys in Goodes,Barlow and Collier spending time threw the middle.

All pie in the sky stuff but honestly don't think he will be still available with our first pick but you never know

we dont need any more defenders surely lol- even if our current list is ageing another defender wont get us any closer to a flag. Maybe if we buy him as a midfielder then sure- definetly agree that it would be nice to pick someone who could slot in straight away. Will simply depend on who goes before them.

Pushing for Selection
    Seeing as we'll pick up Bird with our last pick, I reckon we'll get a KPP with pick 11 and an outside midfielder with pick 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhob View Post
    Seeing as we'll pick up Bird with our last pick, I reckon we'll get a KPP with pick 11 and an outside midfielder with pick 26.
    Agreed.

For Christs sake let's hope they pick the best player available when Pick 11 rolls around and the best player available when Pick 26 rolls around.

Whoever they are will be almost 100/1 to be ready for seniors this year, so let's get the best player. If they are both KPP players, so be it, that will make it easier to develop Eski into the outside midfielder most believe he will come by easing the pressure on undersized backman playing KPP roles.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Hoping like hell Alex Rance slips through to us.

Our future FB if we get him.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Hoping like hell Alex Rance slips through to us.

Our future FB if we get him.
    I doubt it,i would prefere Ben McEvoy but he wont be left either
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Veteran Site Admin
    Even if McEvoy were available at 11, I'd be very surprised if the Swans took him. Roos has made known his feelings on using early picks for ruckmen - suggesting it is far too hard to predict how a 17 year old bean pole will develop.

His view on KPPs doesn't seem to be too different either, so it wouldn't come as a surprise if pick 11 went on another mid - maybe not a rover type, since Bird is already secured, but maybe a running flanker type. There don't seem to be many of those amongst the touted early picks. Certainly none has been described as having real pace, aside maybe from the very small Rioli.

If he does break recent trends and go for a tall, there are likely to be a few to choose from. If not Rance, then Tayte Pears, Collier, Henderson, Gourdis, Gaertner all sound like athletic potential KPPs and most of them should still be around at pick 11. But then maybe with Murphy already signed up, they might reason they don't need another of this type.

Ben McEvoy-199cm, 90kg-Murray Bushrangers. (Ruck, fwd) He has been on the radar for a while and has had good form this year. He was one of Country?s best performers during the champs playing in the ruck and up forward. He looks to have good endurance and moves around the ground well but he is not blessed with a lot of pace. His ruckwork is pretty good and he can read the play. His kicking skills are very good and he can take a good contested mark. He is the type of ruckman that can ruck for a good portion of the match. Where he goes in the draft will be interesting.
    I know what you mean Liz but he's only 18 and look how big he is we could use him as a ruckman or KPP.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

For the trivia buffs... this year's national draft occurs on the same day as the federal election. Important decisons all round.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    For the trivia buffs... this year's national draft occurs on the same day as the federal election. Important decisons all round.
    hammo you must of benn bored

Draft selection for us=Pick#11-Any good and fast midfielder...Pick#26 A KPP player and the next pick,the next Goodes.

Election=Liberal.
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    hammo you must of benn bored

Draft selection for us=Pick#11-Any good and fast midfielder...Pick#26 A KPP player and the next pick,the next Goodes.

Election=Liberal.
    We will only use 3 picks. Therefore Pick 11, Pick 26 and Bird.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast