Thread: Southern Sharks 2008 First Grade coaching vacancy

Southern Sharks 2008 First Grade coaching vacancy

Thought I would try this angle as we are looking for a First Grade coach for 2008.

Our Under 18s and Ressies played in the Prelim finals while our First Grade made the Grand Final. The club culture is fantastic and our 2008 committee is the strongest it has been in a long time.

Player numbers are also great heading in to 2008 but we are seeking a First Grade coach. For further details, contact me on [email protected].

Thanks,
    Offal

Isnt the job already filled ????
    by one of the slowest blokes in the sfl last year ???

No, we haven't appointed a coach as yet.

Talking Wouldnt Surprise Anyone

Seems to me that the way your club is run and the way you treat past players and supporters that you would always struggle to find someone that would be interested in Coaching. A great place is Cronulla, but St george AFL seem to have your measure?
    After 40 years as a club you would think the commitee would be able to employ a coach? about time that the club woke up and realized that the history of the club had a proud Tradition. Premierships have not shown this, but as the Team Song says "Bring us to the top" I garantee that trying to do this on your own dosnt get you to the top.

Thanks for the laugh. Got to be one of the funniest and thoughtless posts I have read on here.

Perhaps it's a matter of 'deciding who from the range of applicants' as to why we haven't made an announcement.

As for the comments on how the club is run, you are welcome to your opinion however in my time at the club (over a decade) I haven't heard a whimper from a disgruntled player or old boy. The Sharks have served as a breading ground for SFL players and we recognise that. Eg Jason Philp, Rodney Craig, Corey Everson, Andy Bawden and we are proud that they have gone on to the next level.

You seem like you know everything so why don't you email me your thoughts so we can run the club better? I challenge you and welcome your comments to pass on to the committee. Just remember, we welcome CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, not criticism, so be careful how you word your comments Smitty.

Warming the Bench
    Smitty or should I say "@@@@ty" - your post shows you are a total wuckfit

Get your facts straight - the club is not 40 years old began in 1972

As was stated the sharks have always welcomed champions like Craigie

to go to the next level. Rod was at the grand final to see the sharks go down

in a thriller. As an old shark myself I have never hear a bad word about the

club and I am always made to feel welcome there. Yes there have been

some issues with the crows over 35 years, but the sharks grew in the 70/80s

out of ex Crows

Would love to see your resume and tell us how to solve their "problems"
    September 24th, 2005 5.14pm
    What a great moment in all of our lives

2007 First Division Club of the Year

Well put Roscoe and thanks for your support.

I should also mention that the Sharks won the 2007 Sydney AFL Club of the Year Award - we can't be too badly at running the club......

I'll agree with that Offal,even though you boys didnt win the flag,you were best club both on and off the field,even though i got thumped by your boys twice this year,both scoreboard and on the button after starting @@@@ with ur forwards, your boys were always willing to have a beer and a laugh after the game,even ur old boys were in stitches after i put Ryan into the Old Boys pack in one instance,those old Boys loved the physical stuff,greatest club we play against without a doubt,great bunch of blokes