Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stadium Australia renamed in $31m deal - The Australian

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    They've started building the residential units in the "Olympic district". That'll make the place seem a bit more alive.
    I hope the property titles clearly state "No complaints about event noise or lighting!! Ever!!"

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I've always called it Stadium Australia, and will continue to do so.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

MAke's no difference to me what they call it, it's still the same ground regardless of the name.

Blog Entries
    Why is this in the RWO Chat forum? Because Scott started the thread?

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Why is this in the RWO Chat forum? Because Scott started the thread?
    It's the Swans home ground, silly!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I don't know why some people hate it so much.
    It's a Sydney thing. They're usually people who live in the Shire, east of the city or on the northern beaches, whining about the extra travel.
    Last edited by goswannie14; 15th December 2007 at 08:53 AM. Reason: fixed quotation
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Stadium Australia renamed in $31m deal - The Australian

ANZ Bank has secured the naming rights for Stadium Australia, paying $31 million for it to be known as ANZ Stadium.
    maybe they might get some decent beer now instead of that tooheys crap.

Quote Originally Posted by bedford View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Stadium Australia renamed in $31m deal - The Australian

ANZ Bank has secured the naming rights for Stadium Australia, paying $31 million for it to be known as ANZ Stadium.
    maybe they might get some decent beer now instead of that tooheys crap.
    Yes the ANZ are well known for the quality of their beer.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

"I don't know why some people hate it so much."
    Lets see.
    1. No after match function
    2. Tooheys beer
    3. If I decide to go for a beer after the game - that hotel/bar has to be the worst place in Australia
    4. Post game I have a time limit to how long I can have a beer before I must catch the train as they end early
    5. All friends generally go home after the game as we all live in different parts of Sydney, so not a lot of time to reflect on the game, unlike the SCG where we all gravitate to Central Station via Surry Hills (pubs and restaurants) and then we all go our separate ways.
    6. No atmosphere - the roar at the SCG always seems louder than the stadium, probably as the SCG is built 'up' over the playing surface and the stadium is built so the crowd are 'sloped' towards the field.
    7. They stop selling beer at the beginning of the 4th quarter
    8. The crowd always want to start a mexican wave - what is this cricket? or maybe that boring game of soccer?
    Last edited by blinddog; 16th December 2007 at 06:53 AM. Reason: new reason
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Regular in the Side
    It will ALWAYS be Stadium Australia to me. Like the ABC, I refused to mention sponsored names for stadiums. The only one I have had some problems with is the second arena at the tennis centre at Melbourne Park. It has never been known as anything else other than the Vodafone Arena.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    It will ALWAYS be Stadium Australia to me. Like the ABC, I refused to mention sponsored names for stadiums. The only one I have had some problems with is the second arena at the tennis centre at Melbourne Park. It has never been known as anything else other than the Vodafone Arena.
    I hate that the ABC do that. The great BBC calls the grounds what they are actually called, sponsorship deal or not - I actually often hear the BBC call the EPL the Barclay's Premiership.

The name is the name, sponsored or not.

Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    1. No after match function
    What's an after match function? Why do we need them?
    2. Tooheys beer
    You're whinging to the wrong person here.
    3. If I decide to go for a beer after the game - that hotel/bar has to be the worst place in Australia
    See above reason 2.
    4. Post game I have a time limit to how long I can have a beer before I must catch the train as they end early
    See above reason 2.
    5. All friends generally go home after the game as we all live in different parts of Sydney, so not a lot of time to reflect on the game, unlike the SCG where we all gravitate to Central Station via Surry Hills (pubs and restaurants) and then we all go our separate ways.
    You mean it is like all other venues around the country where people either travel together to the city or other areas where they can spend time together (or like most people just go home).
    6. No atmosphere - the roar at the SCG always seems louder than the stadium, probably as the SCG is built 'up' over the playing surface and the stadium is built so the crowd are 'sloped' towards the field.
    My experience has been to the contrary. I have been to games with no atmosphere at the SCG and with plenty of atmposhere at the Olympic Stadium
    7. They stop selling beer at the beginning of the 4th quarter
    See above reason 2.
    8. The crowd always want to start a mexican wave - what is this cricket? or maybe that boring game of soccer?
    Not in my experience.

Let's face it, many people don't like change, even if it is for the better. Telstra Stadium (or whatever they call it) is far superior to the SCG. I really love having to cue up for 20 minutes during the breaks just to go to the toilet.

I love having to cue up for another 10-15 minutes to get food after that.

I love it that you have to cue up for up to 30 minutes to get out of the ground.

I can see why you would prefer that over the wonderful facilities of a "new" stadium.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast