Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balmain

Balmain

Just ran into a bloke i know who plays with a SFA club, he said that Balmain rang him up and offered him $150 a game. While he is at a decent level of SFA standard he would'nt get a game at a top 4 club.

I say good luck to him if he takes it but it makes me pose the question, how much would they pay a decent player?If they are throwing money at battlers they are either:
    a/ desperate
    b/ have a heap of cash
    c/ are going back to the dark days of promising heaps and paying nothing.

i will guess, a & c.

You'd want that much to play in green and purple i reckon.

you would want more to follow the leadership of the sfl's most courageous captain/coach.

Almost Football Legend
    I don't know what player is involved or what his ego is like, and maybe it's not applicable in this case; but option d/ occurs to me - he wasn't really offered any money but wanted to talk up his own ability.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

He is a pretty unassuming bloke Norris so D isnt an option.

"A bloke I know..."

So are you going to take the $150 a week Boris!? It's good money to play a bit of footy each week or are you going to ask for more to take instruction from one Mr Hall and wear purple and green?

Maybe they should be paying $101.0 per week!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    Just ran into a bloke i know who plays with a SFA club, he said that Balmain rang him up and offered him $150 a game. While he is at a decent level of SFA standard he would'nt get a game at a top 4 club.

I say good luck to him if he takes it but it makes me pose the question, how much would they pay a decent player?If they are throwing money at battlers they are either:
    a/ desperate
    b/ have a heap of cash

i will guess, a & c.

do really want to know???????

a/ desperate
    b/ have a heap of cash

i will guess, a & c.
    I would say A. I dont think Meadey would be throwing money around that he doesn't have, and he is a decent bloke also and i dont think he would compromise by doing that. I think Boris that they would probably be paying over the odds to get whoever hasnt signed elsewhere. And they didnt spend much last year i would imagine so maybe they have a bit in reserve. Its very hard to attract players when you havent won a game the previous year.

Dungar, he would have to weigh up:

* If he is happy playing with his mates at a strong club
    * Travelling across town
    * Wether Balmain will be any good

Boris

Have you let this mate of yours know what you think of him as footballer???

However, having seen you play you would definitely know a bad player though!

a/ desperate
    b/ have a heap of cash

i will guess, a & c.

a/ desperate
    b/ have a heap of cash

i will guess, a & c.
    Have you heard of Fremantle? They made $1.5 million this year.
    Spoiler

are you saying that Fremantle underwrites the club, Spolier?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast