Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Scorecard - #21 Leo Barry

6/10

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Still a quality player and IMO he is not past his best.
    But his best position is not, and never has been full back.
    He is there as a necessity because we don't have one, and hopefully that can change in the near future because Leo streaming out of the backline without really having to worry about where his 'Gorilla' forward is will be an amazing boost for this team.
    This year the injury wasn't what he needed, but I thought it was a year where he was crying out to be moved out of the corridor.

5/10.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

5/10 Leaping leo we all know how good he can be but injury's hurt us and him he frustrates me how he give's away frees cause he thinks he can dodge and out run ppl

6.5/10 for me.

On a good day his disposal is still very good, although he had his share of problems with the new rules.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Before he got injured he was playing very well. Halfway through the season Roos described him as being in career best form.

The injury came at a bad time for the team because it robbed the defence of stability towards the pointy end of the season. And clearly he struggled a bit after his longish layoff.

For scoring 3 goals for the season he has to get an extra point or two - so 7 from me.

But like others I would love him to get the chance to play out his career on some more manageable opponents and give us the chance to enjoy the last of the baulks and weaves.
    I'm getting pretty sick of saying SPOT ON Lizzy!!

Although that baulking and weaving leaves me a bit nervous sometimes.

They should make B2 FB and put Leaping Leo out on the flank. He can be a pretty dangerous mark when he has a bit of a run in to get the ball.

(I watched the last seconds of the 05 granny on my nephews PSP the other day [and what a nifty little gadget that is]. He ran in from the boundary to get that mark.)

7/10
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

5/10. He has been played out of position for a number of seasons now, which is starting to take its toll. Probably got 2-3 years left in him if they get him away from FB.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Had a reasonable year by his standards... but obviously impacted by injury in the end. has had to "play out of position" for years now, so nothing new there.

7/10.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

6/10

forward coach
    5/10

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    7/10
    Enjoyed his goals (almost as much as he did).

6/10. Solid contributor. Does make some blunders though.

6/10

Five week injury lay off from round 17 really put a downer on a pretty good year up to that time.

IMO he should not play full-back next year (Bolton C. to step up again). As said by other would benefit form being released to the BF and allowed to play on similar sized players and allowed to run.

He did have a number of brain explosions where he seemed to regularly run into dead ends, or was forced on to his right foot and didn't look likely to break the defensive line. Also continues to give away to many free kick for unnessary scragging or arm chopping.

Having said all this he still adds plenty of value to overall team balance.

Cheers

Justice
    "Fredom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one" A.J. Liebling (1960)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast