Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three operations put bustle back in Bazza - Melbourne Herald Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Not sure if he was serious or not but you're spot on.
    Even if he was joking (which I don't believe he is) it is an idiotic comment. Baz at his best is one of the best going around and for all the service he's given the club deserves a lot more respect. For all the things you can accuse him of, lacking heart is most definitely not one of them.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

and why pick on Bazza..from were i sat it seems we had a few passengers in the side last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Pace To Burn View Post
    See above Annie, Its not like he wasnt getting a kick at all anyway, he just wasnt dominating. Its no different to the way Goodsey was going at the start of the year and then came good. U cant expect these blokes to be on fire every year all year, as i said if you had played yourself and new the type of pain they go through at times just to get on the field you might cut em some slack. It'll be interesting to see you all loving him when he finds his old form again this year.........
    I would have needed more than two operations on my eyes to have been able to play.

I love Blind Baz as much as the next person. He is part of a lovely new tradition of St Kilda thugs turning good once they came to the club that's had the most brownlow medal winners ... ala Plugger, and maybe Spida (via the poos & wees, but we all know he should have come straight to us). But that's a whole new story.

As soon as his signed his big contract about 18 months ago (from memory), he seemed to fall apart. Coincidence? Or just someone who knew that his playing career was on the wane and thought he'd get in for as much money as he could (... well, who could blame him?).

He's done the club (and me) proud.

I just wish he'd pick it up a notch. Our "premiership window" is at the stage where it is slightly ajar. They all need to pick it up a notch if they want to play in September.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    I would have needed more than two operations on my eyes to have been able to play.

I love Blind Baz as much as the next person. He is part of a lovely new tradition of St Kilda thugs turning good once they came to the club that's had the most brownlow medal winners ... ala Plugger, and maybe Spida (via the poos & wees, but we all know he should have come straight to us). But that's a whole new story.

As soon as his signed his big contract about 18 months ago (from memory), he seemed to fall apart. Coincidence? Or just someone who knew that his playing career was on the wane and thought he'd get in for as much money as he could (... well, who could blame him?).

He's done the club (and me) proud.

I just wish he'd pick it up a notch. Our "premiership window" is at the stage where it is slightly ajar. They all need to pick it up a notch if they want to play in September.
    Season hasnt even started and the knockers are already in force..hey if you can do better get out there and show us...

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Even if he was joking (which I don't believe he is) it is an idiotic comment. Baz at his best is one of the best going around and for all the service he's given the club deserves a lot more respect. For all the things you can accuse him of, lacking heart is most definitely not one of them.
    Yeah couldn't agree more Hammo. Definitely in the top few players in the competition when he's up and about. His '07 season wasn't great by any means, but I think he has been judged rather harshly. He still managed to top our goalkicking.

If anyone's actually questioning his heart - go back and have a look at the last qtr of the '05 GF.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Diabolical View Post
    It's not like someone earning over half a million dollars a year shouldn't have a poor year...
    Topping the goalkicking means he was still more than serviceable.

Do we just forget what he did from 2002 to 2006?
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by thejones,s View Post
    Season hasnt even started and the knockers are already in force..hey if you can do better get out there and show us...
    Knockers???
    At RWO????
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Yeah yeah.....

When he's going well, he IS one of the top half a dozen or so players in the comp. But last year he looked down, out, beaten and with little interest in the game.

I hope he does get back to what he was... When he showed a bit and led the team. That was what was missing last year.

And as you all know, form is everything. Currently, he has very little of it.

Can't believe you could say BBBH has no heart. If its one thing he has got, it is heart.

I will give you he had a bad one by his standards of the previous 5, but even a BBBH bad one is better than 80% of the competition. (The stat is my opinion) To say his poor form is a result of no heart....well it just defies belief.

Big difference between a player out of form and one who is playing crap because his heart isn't in it. Barry Hall is the former, someone like Michael Gardiner last year at WCE is the latter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12