Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chance encounter....

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    We saw BBBH near Edgecliff once & I wound the window down so the twins could call out "Big Barry! Big Barry" - he somewhat bemusedly waved back. When we drove off, one twin commented "I luv Big Barry. I wish he was my boyfriend." To which the other replied "I wish he was my Daddy." When I asked where that left me they told me I could be the nanny...

God help me when they become teenagers.
    Lol, that's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    I'd love to have a chance encounter with Goodsey!!
    I think stalking can raise your chances.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    We saw BBBH near Edgecliff once & I wound the window down so the twins could call out "Big Barry! Big Barry" - he somewhat bemusedly waved back. When we drove off, one twin commented "I luv Big Barry. I wish he was my boyfriend." To which the other replied "I wish he was my Daddy." When I asked where that left me they told me I could be the nanny...

God help me when they become teenagers.
    Just tell em if BBBH was their daddy they would have turned out butt ugly.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Apart from obvious spots, here are my few:

1. Young McVeigh at Tuggerah Shopping Centre with his Mum a few summers back;

2. Luffy shopping with his kids at the supermarket in Dec 04 whilst I was on holidays at Salamander Bay at Port Stephens;

3. Micky O with family shopping at Terrigal Markets in Nov 07 (just before pre-season). His wife was not impressed as he had the pram and doing the 10 second stop per stall whilst she was looking at childrens clothing;
    4. Brett Kirk at a Scientology meeting. Just kidding....

That's about it. All three outside of footy season.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Glutton for punishment BigBarryRound25's Avatar
    I've been lucky to have a few memorable encounters (not all chance though) these are the ones that stick out:

I have a mate whose wine agency was an Essendor sponsor in 2006. We got to go to Melbourne for the opening round (disastrous game), however the Grand Prix was on that weekend and it was awesome. Anyway back on topic we had the privelige of attending the bombers chairmans dinner. As I arrived in my best suit and Premiership Tie (trying to kid myself that someome might mistake me for a former player or at least a club official!) I was nervous at how I would be received at the Essendon chairman's dinner. I was immensely relieved to see I wasn't alone in showing the red and white colours. Anyway back to the topic again we sat at our table and I was amazed at all of the people that I recognised in the room but the one that excited me the most was that Richard Colless sat on the table next to ours.

As I digress again (and please indulge me as I'm not a regular poster) 2005 was a big year for me and my family given that my 78 year old dad died suddenly in August having been a lifelong Swans supporter and mum had also lost a battle with cancer a couple of years ealier - neither of them saw our beloved Red and Whites live the dream and in my 40 years I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see it. Back on track again; in between entree and main I plucked up the courage to approach Richard Colless to express to him just how much effect that '05 win had on me.

Richard could have hardly been more gracious and he offered me a chair at his table, we sat and talked, he intoduced me to his guests which included Roosey's dad and my head was spinning. Richard impressed me with the enthusiasm & passion he had for the club and he assured that we were on the brink of a dynasty. To this day I maintain 100% confidence in the club and the way it is administered (even though I was pretty secptical after the result that night).

Memorable moment number two we had some Swanny friends from Gosford visit us in Mildura GF week 2006, we watched that painful game together and their company (and the copious amounts of alcohol consumed) really helped soften the blow of the events of that day. My friends phoned me from a bakery and as they were sitting enjoying their lunch having just purchased Swans guernseys for theirtwo boys who walks into the bakery but Goodsey. he was only too happy to oblige them with autogaphs on their new jumpers. This was great news for them bu I must say my six year old swans fanatic son was a bit put out because he missed out. Anyway I am sitting on the couch with a beer in hand later that night when my phone rings and it is a mate who has a restaurant and who is in there having dinner - none other than Goodsey. I grab my sons guernsey and dad's member's hat and head into the restaurant. I left the gear with my mate as the crowd Goodsey was with was pretty heavy duty (Mayor and other "VIP's) and the next day I had all of my stuff signed and a very kind note for my son from Adam.

Memorable (although not a player) in October 2005 I had booked rock icon Nick Barker to perform at a corporate event I was organising. While doing some research on him I was delighted to learn that he is an absolute mad Swannies man. He is a great guy and we swapped plenty of stories. The real highlight came after the gig when at the after party (under the stars on the banks of the Murray river) which nick and the band jamming with the indigenous entertainers we also had booked and the young bloke playing the didge just happened to be Jamie Lawson's brother (I know that is clutching at straws a little). The night just turned into a Swannies love fest and i will never forget it.

As I said I have been really lucky to have other encounters but these are certainly my favourites - and I got to big note myself a fair bit too.

I also enjoy having former Swan Michael Wright call on me every six weeks as a sales rep for a wine company - it's really nice to share a coffee and reminisce about our team at the same time solving all the current team selection and management issues.

Thanks for the indulgence.

Go you mighty Swannies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Actually have another one - was having lunch bought for me for my birthday in Cafe Sydney (yes, yes, very ritzy) and Paul Roos took the table next to us. Was September 26 07
    That's my birthday! How come I wasn't invited?
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

I sat next to Kevin Bartlett at a Billy Joel concert at Kooyong about 20 years ago.
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

Quote Originally Posted by Cher View Post
    I sat next to Kevin Bartlett at a Billy Joel concert at Kooyong about 20 years ago.
    Did his hair get in your eyes???
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Did his hair get in your eyes???

Those combovers can be savage if the wind is blowing.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookbilly View Post
    My parents went to Sydney for a trip a couple of years ago. (they're from Melbourne).

Whilst they were up there, none other than Ronald Dale Barassi asked them for directions!..... naturally, they were unable to help.
    I ran into Ron Barassi at Redfern Station during the Olympics. He'd had quite a bit to drink, we ended up having a chat heading down the inner west line - he got off at Newtown, I continued to Stanmore.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher View Post
    I spotted a car with a Swans sticker on it, in Geelong!

Maybe it was that minister who was on SEN?

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Smile

I met Rocket in Rebel Sport at Bondi Junction years ago. He was friendly and, of course, wearing a tie.

I live in Mebourne now and a few days before we won the flag, I was walking out of my old house at the corner of Drummond and Victoria Sts. in Carlton when I spotted the Swans' team bus mired in the traffic crawling up Victoria St.

I grinned like a fool and waved, punching the air with my fist. Roosy and Goodes both waved and smiled.
    I was wrong about Gerard and his hair.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast