Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chance encounter....

OIf topic, I ran into Jim Stynes.
    Awesome encounter purely to witness the sheer size of the bloke.
    He was an asshole though.
    He came into my work and I didn't even convey to him that I knew who he was and he was just rude
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the Rookie List
    Had a work conference at the Crowne plaza hotel on spencer st on Friday, and saw roosy in the lobby with a casual green tee on, talking on the mobile phone, getting ready for the predictable events of the draft...

Sweet home Novacastria
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkemu View Post
    I played against Luffy in the late 80's at Nelson Bay,He was a stand out in the team. They used to kick our butts.

I've been to the Kirk's house for a baby shower.

A friend of mine went out one night after one of the Swans functions with Bob Skilton and I think Barry Round. They partied to the wee hours. Apparently Bobby was a bit of a flirt, but charming of course.
    Completely off topic, but ho did you play for???

Warming the Bench
    i see a few people around while at work

the other day i saw ryan griffin and i thought he looked a bit dopey, the next day he won the bulldogs time trial

Saw Roosey at Sydney airport a few years back, on the way to Bali (I think he was carrying a surfboard) with his family. You don't really appreciate how big the man is until he's nestled amongst the general public.
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Also 'bumped' into Tadgh at UNSW this year, didn't realise who he was until he met up with Dan Currie. I swear they just blend in very nicely.
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Jared Crouch sat down next to me in the Qantas lounge at adelaide airport a month or so ago.

Asked him if he was over the injuries and he said he was fit and raring to go for next year. He looked in good shape.

Silver member, not Gold pinkemu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Swan View Post
    Completely off topic, but ho did you play for???
    Muswellbrook Wildcats, We started in the competition in the late 80's and were made up of about 85% of players that had never played Rules football before. We were the laughing stock of the comp for a while but that only added fuel to our fire.
    Were you involved in the competition?
    If you were you may remember how bad we were in the beginning. I still remember our first win against Williamstown, fantastic bus ride home

Sweet home Novacastria
    Muswellbrook Wildcats, We started in the competition in the late 80's and were made up of about 85% of players that had never played Rules football before. We were the laughing stock of the comp for a while but that only added fuel to our fire.
    Were you involved in the competition?
    If you were you may remember how bad we were in the beginning. I still remember our first win against Williamstown, fantastic bus ride home
    Yea dad was president of Wallsend at that time. I was about 8 when Wallsend won the comp in 1989.
    I ended up being president for Cardiff from 2004-2006 as well. Now i'm in London freezing my butt off

Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    Also 'bumped' into Tadhg at UNSW this year, didn't realise who he was until he met up with Dan Currie. I swear they just blend in very nicely.
    I saw Ted Richards and Daniel Currie this year at UNSW as well! And yes, they do blend in nicely.

My friend saw Tadhg limping near the Law Theatre this year as well, it was after he dislocated it after one of the matches.
    Kirky is everything you want in a Captain
    'To my band of brothers; we are a team of warriors' - Brett Kirk

Amon the Cannon!

Silver member, not Gold pinkemu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Swan View Post
    Yea dad was president of Wallsend at that time. I was about 8 when Wallsend won the comp in 1989.
    I ended up being president for Cardiff from 2004-2006 as well. Now i'm in London freezing my butt off
    Was Ray Dunean (not shore of the spelling) still an Ump during the 90's?

Sweet home Novacastria
    Was Ray Dunean (not shore of the spelling) still an Ump during the 90's?
    Ray Dineen is still umpiring now, as he was back then. His son is captain of Newcastle City's first grade side.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345