Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pre Season Round 4: vs Brisbane Lions @ Manuka Oval - Canberra

Where are you getting the scores from?

Brisbane Lions page on bigfooty.com.au who are getting them from SEN.

Listening to ABC Grandstand at the moment but no recent updates
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Suspended by the MRP
    It's the only place where I can get it from.

Suspended by the MRP
    Sydney: 9.9.63
    Brisbane: 9.8.62

Suspended by the MRP
    That's the latest score. Very close game.

Any news on goalkickers?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I've heard BBBBH is being rested from today's game.

Suspended by the MRP
    Bris: 14.13.97
    Syd: 13.9.87

No news on goalkickers yet.

But they're creaming their pants on the Lions board at bigfooty though about a prospect of a win.

Suspended by the MRP
    That ended up being the final score.

No word on best players or goalkickers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Roos did state (when talking about Everitt) that everyone playing round one must play today, so two of those youngsters (at least) must play.
    So Barry Hall won't be playing round 1 then

I hope BBB was only rested as oh my we looked toothless up front. Just back from the game. We did some good stuff but oh my a lot of it looks far too much like last season for my liking. Cant help you a lot on goalkickers and the such, didnt keep a tally or nothing like that micky o got a couple davo a couple I think nothing really exciting in that department. We were ordinary from the bounce ups that for sure, got beaten a lot of the time (LRT actually did quite decently). Got caught out time and time again being too slow bringing it from defence/trying to run it out.
    Only player that I really noticed was Jarred Moore, did a couple of really good things. Fairly mediocre performance, with some promising signs including a couple of really nice plays. Goodes was great getting the ball and really has bulked up, but his disposal was ordinary a lot of the time but that will come. I reckon he could snag a third brownlow if he kicks into gear by about rd 5 or 6 rather then about 14 like last year as he look very good. Keiran Jack did alright as well, as did Brennan. Very disappointed as I said in the ruck brigade, Jolly di struggle and so did Jesse White and LRT.

Our take away from ball ups etc was good but our disposal a lot of the time was very ordinary. Some very good as expected tackling as well. Worry was for every good patch there was a poor patch with bad decisions and poor options and far too often we keep trying to take on the opponents when the correct decision would be to kick.
    Other really noticeable thing I thought was the distinct lack of leads/quality runs from the forward brigade. Whether that was to do with a lack of structure due to Hall not being their Im not sure but it was very worrying. Also worrying to me was O'Keefe playing basically the whole game in the middle and LRT playing about every position on the field.

I did enjoy the game, and while Brisbane did ok they werent any better then we were. Umpiring was just as bad as usual, not so much against us just the amount of baffling decisions they pulled out throughout the match against both teams. And they seem to have big time clamped down on the 50m penalty- were four or five given today for very minor indescretions. I hope that is just a fad that disappears once the home and away season comes.

Summing up, did some good things, did some bad things but from what I saw today we look slgihtly better then last year at the comparable time, but with the same problems mixed in we had last year. It could be another trying season, but we werent bad enough to completely quell my hopes for a decent march into September. But by gosh they have some work to do over the next couple of weeks, as the first 6 weeks could very well decide our season. A good start and we could be right on the way to a very good season, but a poor one and it will be very hard like last year.

Nice writeup MCS, would like to know how Kennelly went today. Also a few of the youngsters in Barlow, Bird and Grundy went.

Cheers mate.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast