Thread: Roosgate: My view on the BS!!!

Suspended by the MRP

Roosgate: My view on the BS!!!

My views on the Paul Roos saga!!!

Why are the AFL being so hypocritical? Just about every man and his dog in Australia knew that Carlton tanked last year, and yet the AFL seemed quite happy to defend them last year, and yet they are so keen to investigate the Swans, for supposed tanking in their Round 1 NAB Cup game against Hawthorn in Tasmania.

What is their agenda? Do they still harbour hatred for the Swans? After all, the Swans and Andrew Demetriou do have a history of sparring off against each other. Who doesn?t remember, Demetriou criticising the Swans game play in 2005 by calling their game plan ?boring?? And yet, while he was being questioned on that topic, by the media Andrew Demetriou, said that it?s his right, to have an opinion. Well?.hasn?t Paul Roos, got the same right as him, to criticise any rule changes the AFL brings in, without being the subject to blackmail? That?s what the AFL tried to do. They tried to blackmail the Swans, by stopping the funding for the redevelopment of the SCG, if Paul Roos didn?t stop criticising their rule changes. To me, that smacks of arrogance.

But back on topic?..Why didn?t they, at least put in an investigation into Carlton and their supposed tanking last year? If they?re so concerned about the integrity of the NAB Cup, they should have at least investigated Carlton, who has known to have cheated in the past, and who were willing to cheat.

What is more important? Saving the integrity of the NAB Cup, which nobody is really interested in anyway? Or, the AFL season proper, where everybody puts in their blood, sweat and tears to win every game of Football each week? I would bet my money, that every single fan in Australia would rather win a premiership at the end of September than win the NAB Cup and do a Carlton in recent years, and go onto win the wooden spoon.

Besides if the AFL were really serious about this tanking issue, then they would have also investigated the Brisbane Lions, whose coach didn?t even bothered showing up to coach them. Michael Voss, coach them for their NAB Cup games. Why doesn?t the AFL also investigate Collingwood, after their 81 point loss to the Adelaide Crows, after having the big brass in attendance in Dubai? Didn?t the Magpies play a bunch of kids as well? Or is Collingwood under suspicion at all times?

In my opinion, the AFL could save themselves an embarrassment by scrapping the NAB Cup, which Jason Akermanis and others have suggested and replacing it with a 30-Round Home and Away season, where everyone plays each other twice. Now wouldn?t that be fairer? The AFL has shot itself in the foot, by allowing people to gamble on NAB Cup games. The NAB Cup is a waste of time, and the sooner the AFL realise this, the better. A 30-Round season is the way to go.

And to think, that the same clowns that are investigating the Swans for supposed tanking, a NAB Cup game, think that Mark Williams plan of a 12-team final system has merit. We know the people that should be investigated and it?s not the Sydney Swans Football Club.

Not only that, who can remember their failed attempt of relocating North Melbourne to the Gold Coast? So they still must be upset and hurting over that, so they?re taking it out on us, because they have a history with Roosy.

If you want war guys, then you?ve got it! You see, just like the North Melbourne Football Club, the South Melbourne/Sydney Swans Football Club are fighters and we?ll go to war with you anytime and win. We?ll show you, that you can no longer boss clubs around like bully boys, that you are!

I am a proud supporter of a team that doesn?t tank during the season proper for draft picks, Andrew Demetriou and Adrian Anderson, remember that!
    Last edited by TheGrimReaper; 4th March 2008 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    My views on the Paul Roos saga!!!

Why are the AFL being so hypocritical? Just about every man and his dog in Australia knew that Carlton tanked last year, and yet the AFL seemed quite happy to defend them last year, and yet they are so keen to investigate the Swans, for supposed tanking in their Round 1 NAB Cup game against Hawthorn in Tasmania.
    This is like the forth time I've seen you make this claim.
    Prove it.
    The AFL can't, and it would be harder to prove than the Roos thing as I don't think anyone from Carlton have made stupid comments that might instigate an investigation.

What is their agenda? Do they still harbour hatred for the Swans? After all, the Swans and Andrew Demetriou do have a history of sparring off against each other. Who doesn?t remember, Demetriou criticising the Swans game play in 2005 by calling their game plan ?boring??
    It was.

And yet, while he was being questioned on that topic, by the media Andrew Demetriou, said that it?s his right, to have an opinion.
    It is.

Well?.hasn?t Paul Roos, got the same right as him, to criticise any rule changes the AFL brings in, without being the subject to blackmail?
    No.

That?s what the AFL tried to do. They tried to blackmail the Swans, by stopping the funding for the redevelopment of the SCG, if Paul Roos didn?t stop criticising their rule changes. To me, that smacks of arrogance.
    Really? I though it was the AFL whosaved teh Swans by offering them a relocation that has gradually anabled the club to thrive.
    The AFL are also very passionate about a national league.
    Supposed hatred and vendettas against the Swans goes against the National League grand plan.

But back on topic?..Why didn?t they, at least put in an investigation into Carlton and their supposed tanking last year? If they?re so concerned about the integrity of the NAB Cup, they should have at least investigated Carlton, who has known to have cheated in the past, and who were willing to cheat.
    Dude, you must REALLY hate Carlton.
    It's a separate issue.
    The AFL have been EXTREMELY harsh on Carlton in the past for their salary cap infringements etc.I do not see any favoritism towards Carlton.
    To investigate a club, there must be a basis for that investigation, not just a gut feeling.

What is more important? Saving the integrity of the NAB Cup, which nobody is really interested in anyway? Or, the AFL season proper, where everybody puts in their blood, sweat and tears to win every game of Football each week? I would bet my money, that every single fan in Australia would rather win a premiership at the end of September than win the NAB Cup and do a Carlton in recent years, and go onto win the wooden spoon.
    Neither is more important.
    We are talking about integrity and honesty here.
    "tanking" in either comp is equally wrong.
    You're in the AFL, you play by the rules.
    Lobby for the end of the NAB comp as much as you like, but you try to win the games.

Not only that, who can remember their failed attempt of relocating North Melbourne to the Gold Coast? So they still must be upset and hurting over that, so they?re taking it out on us, because they have a history with Roosy.
    Uh-huh........

I am a proud supporter of a team that doesn?t tank during the season proper for draft picks, Andrew Demetriou and Adrian Anderson, remember that!
    Prove it.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Suspended by the MRP
    I'm sorry to have an opinion, just like Roos then hey mate?

Are you really a Swans supporter, defending Carltank all the time? They were in numerous positions to win games last year, but they didn't because they took players off like Fevola, when they were fit.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    This is like the forth time I've seen you make this claim.
    Prove it.
    The AFL can't, and it would be harder to prove than the Roos thing as I don't think anyone from Carlton have made stupid comments that might instigate an investigation.

It was.

It is.

No.

Really? I though it was the AFL whosaved teh Swans by offering them a relocation that has gradually anabled the club to thrive.
    The AFL are also very passionate about a national league.
    Supposed hatred and vendettas against the Swans goes against the National League grand plan.

Dude, you must REALLY hate Carlton.
    It's a separate issue.
    The AFL have been EXTREMELY harsh on Carlton in the past for their salary cap infringements etc.I do not see any favoritism towards Carlton.
    To investigate a club, there must be a basis for that investigation, not just a gut feeling.

Neither is more important.
    We are talking about integrity and honesty here.
    "tanking" in either comp is equally wrong.
    You're in the AFL, you play by the rules.
    Lobby for the end of the NAB comp as much as you like, but you try to win the games.

Uh-huh........

Prove it.

I grew up in South Melbourne, and so don't be going to me to prove that I am a true Swans supporter. I wouldn't be bloody supporting Roos otherwise wouldn't I?

Are you really are Carlton fan?

Suspended by the MRP
    You have no idea CTS!!!

I grew up in South Melbourne, and so don't be going to me to prove that I am a true Swans supporter. I wouldn't be bloody supporting Roos otherwise wouldn't I?
    I wasn't questioning your authenticity as a Swans supporter.
    You said
    I am a proud supporter of a team that doesn?t tank during the season proper for draft picks
    I was asking you to prove that the Swans doesn't 'tank for draft picks'

Are you really are Carlton fan?
    Yes.
    Yes I am.
    Busted

You have no idea CTS!!!
    So it's OK for you to present your opinion on the Roos saga, but not ok for anyone else to, nor is t ok for anyone to challenge your assertions?

Suspended by the MRP
    I wasn't questioning your authenticity as a Swans supporter.
    You said
    I was asking you to prove that the Swans doesn't 'tank for draft picks'

Yes.
    Yes I am.
    Busted
    Whatever....you highlighted the whole sentence, so don't bring the guilt trip in mate.

Suspended by the MRP
    So it's OK for you to present your opinion on the Roos saga, but not ok for anyone else to, nor is t ok for anyone to challenge your assertions?
    I'm saying you have no idea, to you questioning my authenicity as a Swans supporter, which I find insulting.

No need to get so upset.

What is a guilt trip?
    Don't think I've ever had one

Suspended by the MRP
    No need to get so upset.

What is a guilt trip?
    Don't think I've ever had one
    The AFL gets me upset easily mate.

I'm just expressing my opinions dude!!!

The AFL gets me upset easily mate.

I'm just expressing my opinions dude!!!
    No problems, pal

You're entitled to, buddy!

j/k