Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goodes racially abused (merged thread)

Goodes racially abused (merged thread)

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...-11088,00.html

In an article in todays Herald Sun, Goodes speaks about a time when he was racially abused by one of the AFL's most high profile players.

To read about how incensed Goodes was, makes you understand why Andrew Symonds took his incident further.
    To be called a monkey is obviously very derogatory.

I wonder who it was....

Anyway, good to see the system is working. Seems like one thing the AFL has got right.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Reading this
    Goodes said the successful mediation allowed him to rebuild a working relationship with the opponent.

"I'd definitely say 'hello' and shake that person's hand," he said.

Goodes said he never would name either the player or his club.

"Mentioning the player or the club just goes to finger-pointing," he said.
    just shows the quality of Adam Goodes as a person - that he was able to move on and also refuse to name anyone because it served no purpose says a lot. It really does go to show why he is such an appropriate person to be a prominent representative of the Aboriginal Community.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

What a top bloke.
    I love Goodesy.

If I ever find out who said it, I'm going to scratch their eyes out.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

It wouldn't be Libba ... he liked Paul Kelly's balls so much he wanted to take them off him.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    This message has been deleted by Frog. Reason: Speculation - Please do not name players you think may have been the guilty party
    A bit heavy handed Frog IMO. If Goodes is going to reveal this fact in a pretty important book and even go into the specifics of where and when and "high profile" the guilty party, the wider football community is going to do what I did in that post. i.e. look back through the records and speculate on who it might be. Surely we can do that on a forum like this. If the media get hold of this that's exactly what they will do, there'll be a list of candidates on the back page in the Hun within the next few days, you watch.

Clearly was not coming from a position where I had further inside information and revealed that which I agree would have been a step too far.

Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post
    A bit heavy handed Frog IMO. If Goodes is going to reveal this fact in a pretty important book and even go into the specifics of where and when and "high profile" the guilty party, the wider football community is going to do what I did in that post. i.e. look back through the records and speculate on who it might be. Surely we can do that on a forum like this. If the media get hold of this that's exactly what they will do, there'll be a list of candidates on the back page in the Hun within the next few days, you watch.

Clearly was not coming from a position where I had further inside information and revealed that which I agree would have been a step too far.
    You can't go around naming players who you "think" might have said it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post
    If the media get hold of this that's exactly what they will do, there'll be a list of candidates on the back page in the Hun within the next few days, you watch.
    I would be extremely happy for you to discuss those names if and when the Hun publishes them.

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Wow, the Frog flicks out the tongue and censors one of the moderators.

Scott H .. how DO you feel? GASP! QUELLE HORREURE!

But on a slightly related note, remember last year's allegations regarding a certain member of the media who was purported to like to party (sniff sniff)? Frenzied finger-pointing galore.

Names & noms-de-plume were bandied about ("Gerry Tiger" - still wetting myself over that one).

Guesses were not too wide of the mark .. in hindsight. We can now draw the strings together in light of a certain recently disgraced media player - rather adept at assaulting women (what a man!) ..
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boot View Post
    Wow, the Frog flicks out the tongue and censors one of the moderators.
    The tongue is mightier than the sword ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chookbilly View Post
    To be called a monkey is obviously very derogatory.
    Dont get me wrong i luv Goodsey and Simmo,but hey being called a monkey isnt that bad to me and they should just get over it.

As the saying goes.."sticks and stones shall break my bones but words will never hurt me"

If every body whinged when some one called them a name we would be sooking all the time.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Dont get me wrong i luv Goodsey and Simmo,but hey being called a monkey isnt that bad to me and they should just get over it.
    I haven't met you face to face, but I have a feeling you're not dark skinned.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast