Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who gets your vote

Veterans List
    Rhys Jones was an absolute star junior footballer. He missed most of the first half of the season in the Federal League U18's then proceeded to be BOG in every remaining game to win the B&F. Shane Morwood was in the same comp and from memory was Runner Up.

The great thing about that was both these blokes were in our recruiting zone in Melbourne.

Unfortunately for DRJ he found the demon drink much to his liking too early in his VFL career. I suspect he ended up with Carlton because they had plenty of filthy lucre shoved under the table, just like Williams magically moved into a mansion in the very expensive, leafy suburb of Kew.

forward coach
    robbie ahmat he had the heart the size of mcveighs

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Rhys Jones was an absolute star junior footballer. He missed most of the first half of the season in the Federal League U18's then proceeded to be BOG in every remaining game to win the B&F. Shane Morwood was in the same comp and from memory was Runner Up.

The great thing about that was both these blokes were in our recruiting zone in Melbourne.

Unfortunately for DRJ he found the demon drink much to his liking too early in his VFL career. I suspect he ended up with Carlton because they had plenty of filthy lucre shoved under the table, just like Williams magically moved into a mansion in the very expensive, leafy suburb of Kew.
    he also won a norm smith medal.
    he told me once he got paid with an empty envelope,thats they way we were back then,no money false promises.
    so when the carlton scum came along with a offer to massive to refuse he couldn't resist.
    as for the drink there were many south players who used to have a drink and still played good footy.

On the Rookie List
    Favourites: Paul Kelly, Adam Goodes and Gerard Healy

Biggest Disappointments: Stephen Allender (couldn't believe they talked him up so much and then we had a tug of war with Carlton for him) and Jamie Lawson (for other sad reasons).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bedford View Post
    he also won a norm smith medal.
    he told me once he got paid with an empty envelope,thats they way we were back then,no money false promises.
    so when the carlton scum came along with a offer to massive to refuse he couldn't resist.
    as for the drink there were many south players who used to have a drink and still played good footy.
    My point about the drink was he could have been right up there with the super stars of the game. As talented as almost anyone but perhaps not the most dedicated might be a better way of putting it.

The really sad part about the false promises was the VFL was hell bent on getting the club to Sydney but treated them like paupers when they got there. If the club was financially strapped when it got to Sydney the VFL didn't seem to want to change that status. Stange state of affairs indeed. You can bet your life that a second club in Sydney will have all the riches of the AFL lavished on it.

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    My point about the drink was he could have been right up there with the super stars of the game. As talented as almost anyone but perhaps not the most dedicated might be a better way of putting it.

The really sad part about the false promises was the VFL was hell bent on getting the club to Sydney but treated them like paupers when they got there. If the club was financially strapped when it got to Sydney the VFL didn't seem to want to change that status. Stange state of affairs indeed. You can bet your life that a second club in Sydney will have all the riches of the AFL lavished on it.
    not a good reply on rhys

Ahmat

Robbie Ahmat's brother was Matthew Ahmat.

Recruited him from Brisbane Bears (I believe). Played about 8 games for the Swans.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234