Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Experts don't pick Sydney in Top 8

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Diabolical View Post
    'Expecting' it won't make it happen.
    No it won't, but @@@@canning the team before they have even had a chance to do anything is hardly going to help.
    We have enough naysayers and doubters in the media, AFL House and the umpires rooms with our own 'supporters' turning on us too.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Definitely the 8 - possibility of top four depending on injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    No it won't, but @@@@canning the team before they have even had a chance to do anything is hardly going to help.
    We have enough naysayers and doubters in the media, AFL House and the umpires rooms with our own 'supporters' turning on us too.
    Spot on BEA,i dont mind a little constructive criticism but some of it on here is way over the top.

Lets not turn into Tigers supporters.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Spot on BEA,i dont mind a little constructive criticism but some of it on here is way over the top.

Some of criticism especially towards Jude Bolton, Jarrad McVeigh, Ben Mathews and Paul Bevan here is over the top BS at times!!

I just shake my head and wonder at some people at times.

Granted that Mathews was lucky to play all 23 games last year, but he must have done the job that was required for him to play in every game. Did people think about that before criticising him?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    I reserve my right to spit at the coach or players if the circumstances warrant it.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    I reserve my right to spit at the coach or players if the circumstances warrant it.
    You'd have to actually attend a game to be within spitting distance. NARF!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I think we should all expect the best from the team. I think they will be up in the top eight, maybe even top four. I never write the Swannies off, they are a tough determined unit.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Finally, our X factor as always will be Adam Goodes. He?s the barometer for the Swans ? usually if he plays well we win and if he goes missing we lose. If he?s primed for a big year as we've been reading then I think we?ll do OK.
    Granted that a firing Goodes is great, I would not have thought he was the barometer. Unfortunately I think it is Bazza. I have seen plenty of games when Goodes has had a blinder and the rest of the team stunk, but when Bazza plays well so does the rest of the team. It probably indicates that the skills are up if they can pin point Bazza, through his triple teaming.

On the topic, the Footy hand out in the Sun Herald last sunday, 2/03/08, predicted 7th place.
    from memory:
    1. cats
    2. weagles
    3. hawks?
    4. ?
    5. pies
    6. ?
    7. swans
    8. lions
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 11th March 2008 at 08:45 AM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Some of criticism especially towards Jude Bolton, Jarrad McVeigh, Ben Mathews and Paul Bevan here is over the top BS at times!!

I just shake my head and wonder at some people at times.

Granted that Mathews was lucky to play all 23 games last year, but he must have done the job that was required for him to play in every game. Did people think about that before criticising him?
    Criticism of players who continually put in poor performances, ie Matthews, McVeigh, and to a lesser extent Bevan(at least he is hard at it), is not over the top, it's reasonable criticism, born out of total frustration.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Criticism of players who continually put in poor performances, ie Matthews, McVeigh, and to a lesser extent Bevan(at least he is hard at it), is not over the top, it's reasonable criticism, born out of total frustration.
    However, the question must be asked as to why RWO judge them as playing badly when the coaches judge them as playing well? Are we so much better informed than the Swans' coaching team? And how weird is it that the coaches' favouritism is so pronounced that they even give them regular B&F votes yet the Swans' board choses to ignore this?

Now here's a scandal worthy of AFL investigation.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Diabolical View Post
    Definitely. AFL coaches never get anything wrong.
    But the Swans' match selectors consistently pick Mathews, McVeigh and Bevan. The only options are:

1. they are considered the best selections,
    2. there are no other options,
    3. they are being picked so the Swans will lose,
    4. they have such influence over the selectors that they are being picked against the best interests of the club.

Which option do you pick?

Blog Entries
    7. there is no clear separation between then playing group and the selection committee.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast