Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Experts don't pick Sydney in Top 8

Experts don't pick Sydney in Top 8

And I say YEY... the more people that think we won't make the 8 this year the better, under the radar again I hope.

Oh yeah when I say expert, I mean Voss and Walls and the other Ch 10 guy, watching the NAB Cup final last night.

Suspended by the MRP
    Pretty poor effort.

And the same drongos picked the Dockers to finish in the top 4. Don't they have the oldest list in the AFL?

Regular in the Side
    Heard a replay of an SEN panel discussion....one commentator, I think Anthony Hudson had us 4th, the others had us 10-14th. Not surprised as one of them, David Schwarz has never rated us...very rarely selects us to win...even in 2005 and 2006
    Red and white till I die

Blog Entries
    I'll go out on a limb and say 10th. More than happy to eat my words at the end of August, but for now 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and say 10th. More than happy to eat my words at the end of August, but for now 10th.
    Got to agree with you. I was hopeful we would be the surprise packet of 08 but after what I saw yesterday, my hopes have sunk quite substantially. I know it was only a trial game, but I saw nothing to excite me. Gee I hope I'm wrong and have to eat my words.....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    More good news....RWO version of the Kiss of Death.

I think this crew has one last shot in them - I expect them to be among the chances come september.

We'll probably finish 8th at highest.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Got to agree with you. I was hopeful we would be the surprise packet of 08 but after what I saw yesterday, my hopes have sunk quite substantially. I know it was only a trial game, but I saw nothing to excite me. Gee I hope I'm wrong and have to eat my words.....
    I also was at the game and my hopes didn't sink at all. There were a lot of encouraging signs with the younger players, Moore, Jack, Bird, Barlow not to mention Goodes, Micky O', Kennelly, ROK, the Boltons, LRT, Brennan, Bevan, Davis, Grundy.

There were passages of errors but overall encouraging. Read the detailed reports of Liz and OldRoyboy.

IMO the disappointments were Leo Barry, Ben Matthews (who both seemed slow), the ruck clearannces, the ruck work of Jolly, the output of Mcveigh, Mattner and Buchanan. I was dissapointed that White wasn't given a lot of actual game time he was continually on and off. A lot of the umpiring was substandard and some of the decisions were baffling (for both sides).

On the injured list we still have Barry Hall, Everitt, Ablett, Richards, Fosdike, Schmidt, Laidlaw, Playfair, (maybe Malceski and some surprise packets in the reserves) to come.

So don't give up hope, the season proper hasn't started and it's not as bad as it seems. Wait until round 11 before you make a decision about the team.

forward coach
    some of you people need to keep the faith
    this is our site

GO BLOODS

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I also was at the game and my hopes didn't sink at all. There were a lot of encouraging signs with the younger players, Moore, Jack, Bird, Barlow not to mention Goodes, Micky O', Kennelly, ROK, the Boltons, LRT, Brennan, Bevan, Davis, Grundy.
    Please tell me what encouraging signs you saw from Bevan. I certainly did not see any.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    Please tell me what encouraging signs you saw from Bevan. I certainly did not see any.
    Full time?
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    Full time?
    Hahahaha, you were obviously at the game to!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast