Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bolton: "Don't write us off!"

Suspended by the MRP

Craig Bolton: "Don't write us off!"

Official Website of the Australian Football League > News Article > No excuses for Swans: Bolton

I have 100% faith in Craig Bolton as captain. I love the fact that the Swans choose Craig Bolton.

I hope he can lift the premiership cup in 2008 in September.

?This jumper here is more than just cotton-polyester,? Bolton said, brandishing his guernsey. ?This is our armour. This is a bond between each of us and the bloke we run out alongside. This is a reminder of our great club.

I like that part.

Let's hope they all share B2s passion. I agree with his sentiments

?The fabric of any club is not determined by the size of its trophy cabinet nor its bottom line. It's in the people. We are blessed to have an organisation at all levels who carry out their roles with respect, honesty and integrity.?

Veterans List
    "The Swans slid from a premiership and third spot in 2005 to fourth in 2006 and seventh place last year, but new co-captain Craig Bolton left fans in no doubt about the club?s goals in a passionate speech."

I would have thought we came first, not third in 2005 and second, not fourth in 2006?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    "The Swans slid from a premiership and third spot in 2005 to fourth in 2006 and seventh place last year, but new co-captain Craig Bolton left fans in no doubt about the club?s goals in a passionate speech."

I would have thought we came first, not third in 2005 and second, not fourth in 2006?
    My first thought too, GS.

Anyway, He's hasn't played a game as captain, and he's already talking like Kirk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    "We are blessed to have an organisation at all levels who carry out their roles with respect, honesty and integrity?
    (except in the pre-season ).

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post

B2 was referring to the position after 22 rounds of the H&A season not the final result.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    B2 was referring to the position after 22 rounds of the H&A season not the final result.
    I think it was Craig Ormond not B2 who decided to ignore our finals performance.

He is going to have another stellar year I reckon and boy he needs to. If he struggles we will struggle no end, but if he has a good one we might defend well enough to give ourselves a shot at a good season. Love his work though an ultimate blood and a highly underated player, especially by the fools that pick AA. Fletcher over Bolton youve got to be having a laugh!

If only someone inspirational had retired in the off-season, then we would've been able to summarise CBolt's speech as follows:

"The king is gone but he's not forgotten. Is this the story of poly-cotton?"

Boom, boom.

Veteran Site Admin
    I went to the dinner last night and Bolton's speech was very impressively delivered. It was calm and measured but you believed he meant every word he said.

Other things mentioned (not in Craig's speech) that might be of interest:

- Schmidt apparently started suffering from a sore knee a couple of weeks ago but it wasn't meant to sound very serious

- Strong hint that Grundy will find a spot in the round one team

-Everyone's been impressed by the eagerness of Orreal and Murphy to learn, and Murphy has already stacked on 10kgs since arriving at the club

- Thorton sounds like his future at the club is not in the slightest jeopardy following his injury and they fully expect him to play lots of senior footy for the club. He hobbled up on the stage in crutches, while Malceski walked without the aid of anything, though both got to sit down while they finished formalities.

- Brabazon is expected to make a senior debut this season

- O'Keefe has excellent football pedigree (you can probably guess who that comment came from) and is expected to push for senior selection this year having completed a full pre-season

- Fosdike had minor knee surgery (I think they said as recently as yesterday) and wasn't in attendance. So it sounds like he's a few weeks away from resuming, at best.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    and Murphy has already stacked on 10kgs since arriving at the club.
    Living with Davo?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Fosdike had minor knee surgery (I think they said as recently as yesterday) and wasn't in attendance. So it sounds like he's a few weeks away from resuming, at best.
    One thing that gives me the tom tits about our club is the seemingly permanent cone of silence surrounding player injuries. The website is totally useless: I checked it today and still had injuries from round 21 last year. Schmidt, Fossie, NOG, Richards, Currie etc etc. We would all like to know the reality, but our club treats us like mushrooms. Not good enough.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast