Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swans / Rams scratch match

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Having a discolated shoulder (lots and lots of times)
    Are you the guy from Lethal Weapon?

Thanks Liz great report..
    About Kennellys shoulder, could it be similar to Wanganeens shoulder where it would pop out and he would jus pop it back in? Or would he need a full reco if problems continue to occur?

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    Really depends on the outcome of the scans - if it's just popped out and back and there are no problems, it could be just some strapping and good rehab to re-strengthen the muscles over the next few weeks. If he's damaged the muscles, tendons or joint itself it could be anywhere between a few weeks and a year depending on what is required (e.g. minor op to clean out vs full reco).

So even in a best case scenario, wouldnt it be better to rest him just in case? Even though he would missed, surely it would out way the risk of an on going injury throughout the year.

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    Again, entirely depends on the outcome of the scans - he might be well and truly right to go, he might be gaaaawn. In an ideal world, he'd be ok but rested for safety's sake, but footy isn't the ideal world and if he's close enough to right, I suspect he'd play. But that's only IF. Nervous wait ahead I would imagine.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Are you the guy from Lethal Weapon?
    Danny Glover?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Danny Glover?
    Leo Getz...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Danny Glover?
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Leo Getz...
    More like Mr Joshua...
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Having a discolated shoulder (lots and lots of times) is by far the most painful injury I've ever had, and I was pretty injury prone as a teenager.
    I'll never forget watching a school Rugby match when a kid dislocated his HIP! He was lying on his back and his right leg was ACCROSS his stomach sort of at right angles....euaghhhh!

And the following year I was skiing down a very remote hillside just behind the same guy and he got his skis caught in two DIVERGING ice ruts...(it was 8.30 in the morning)....anyhoo his legs went off in opposite directions and he dislocated his hip again. Sheesh! Funnily enough I can't recall any screaming.

Ben Allan. Nice Guy. Never seen him since the day we carried him down the mountain. Wonder whatever happened to him?
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Leo Getz...
    a hell of a lot of credit, but he's the guy that kicked it to bloody Cox in the first place!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

In The Apple Isle Cheer Squad mbr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    I'll never forget watching a school Rugby match when a kid dislocated his HIP! He was lying on his back and his right leg was ACCROSS his stomach sort of at right angles....euaghhhh!

And the following year I was skiing down a very remote hillside just behind the same guy and he got his skis caught in two DIVERGING ice ruts...(it was 8.30 in the morning)....anyhoo his legs went off in opposite directions and he dislocated his hip again. Sheesh! Funnily enough I can't recall any screaming.

Ben Allan. Nice Guy. Never seen him since the day we carried him down the mountain. Wonder whatever happened to him?
    Sounds like he's safer keeping his distance from you! lol
    "Two cities, One team, Together, Living the Dream."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Daniel Currie is 97kg's now. Only about 4kg away from being at the perfect weight.

Remember - we got this kid a year early and carried him last year as he finished school as the prediction was he'd be a top 10 or thereabouts if we waited another year.

The few games he managed in reserves last year he looked a very natural footballer, good skills for a big man, an ability to hit targets with taps (yes, against undersized opponents) and a body that still needed some muscle, but was not the usual rake-like effort Barham sometimes recruits on hope.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast