Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whos heading to the rising sun to watch the game?

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Really?

That sounds like "having a go" to me.

It's fine if you want to dedicate a large part of your life to the Swans, but don't get pissy if others don't. It doesn't necessarily make them any less of a fan than you, it just means they also value other things highly as well, for example, going out to the movies with some friends. Sure, it's great to be able to do both, but sometimes you can't.
    fair enough

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Try reading the thread "Why I follow the Swans". Some supporters were only spat on at Vic Park. You should have tried being in the cheer squad.

Mine too, in fact she went to the GF, but hadn't been born yet as my wife was 6 months pregnant with her.
    i was in the cheer squad and on the ground.
    sorry for starting this crap

It raises an interesting point about supporters passion for watching a Swans game and seeing how their team goes.

This time last year I was in US/Mexico for games 2,3,4 of the season and hated missing out on watching the games. Am I a bandwagoner for having a holiday during footy season?

On the other hand, I can't understand the logic of not arranging simple things like the movies etc to a different time, so that both can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Wanna come to the flicks too CTS?
    Thanks Scott, raincheck.
    I've got a kids' party drop off and then fix a door for my grandmother in law who recently had a hernia operation.
    So one the scale of 'a good day' (Swans game,movies, helping sick family) I reside right down the bottom

The upside is that we have Mon and Tues off and there is no school to take the kids to tomorrow, so tonight we shall be opening a bottle of wine (or three)
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    It raises an interesting point about supporters passion for watching a Swans game and seeing how their team goes.

This time last year I was in US/Mexico for games 2,3,4 of the season and hated missing out on watching the games. Am I a bandwagoner for having a holiday during footy season?

On the other hand, I can't understand the logic of not arranging simple things like the movies etc to a different time, so that both can be done.
    some people didn't understand what i meant about bandwagon,i was having a go at people who turned up at the rising sun the night of the flag.
    i've been around a long time and there were a lot of heads never seen before and i wasn't the only one to say that at the time.
    Captain your last paragraph summed up what i should have said last night.
    now lets hope we smash port today

Yep,but i'd say not a real fan

I'm off to the gold coast on tuesday for 2 weeks,but the only reason i said i would go was so i can go to the GABBA game next week end.

When i come back friday week,that night i'm heading up to Sydney for the wet coke game and i cant wait.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bedford View Post
    i'm not saying that but it's hard enough not being able to go and watch your team but you still have to try and watch it,not go anywhere else when the swans are playing.
    sorry about my grammer but soft fans **** me
    Quote Originally Posted by bedford View Post
    who was calling you soft ,
    Um, you were, see above.
    all i meant was don't blame antbody else and if you have 4 kids go for it but its got nothing to do with watching the bloods,youeitherwant to watch them or not.
    Oh, I want to watch them, I don't think there has been a game on FTA TV, I've missed in the last 20 years.
    by the way i've been through it too, including being spat at at vic park,but have scott,goswannie been through it .
    Sounds like you've elevated yourself to hero status.
    No I haven't been spat on at Vic Park. Never been there. Sorry for being a failure as a Swans supporter. Doesn't mean I didn't listen to it on the wireless, or read about it in the Sun or the Age. Doesn't mean I was anylessasupporter, than those that went to the game.
    it dosen't matter we are all swans,but it is frustrating only having 5 melb. games a year,so when we are able lets try and watch them,it's no good worrying about foxtell.
    *does backflip*
    i'm sorry for the soft tag but at the rising sun after the flag there was a lot of bandwagons there,never saw them at vic park or the western oval where you would get surronded by ferals.
    Define bandwagoner? Someone who supports when they are winning and goes away when the are losing? right?
    So that means probably more than 1/2 of Melbourne based supporters are bandwagoners, they came out of the woodwork during 2005. Where were they in 1981, 1980, 1979? Jumping off the bandwagon.
    So they went to a pub, to celebrate the GF win. BFD.

I'm off soon to the pics. Got my tickets already, kids are almost ready, wifes almost ready. I'll be back around 5:30pm to check out the scores.
    If I'm really lucky someone may spit on me as I walk from the carpark to the cinema.

Blog Entries

I missed a whole season in 88. Was in Europe. I'm a @@@@ing disgrace to the red and white army. So are you Captain. Shame. Shame. Shame.

If I'm really lucky someone may spit on me as I walk from the carpark to the cinema.
    If you let me know which cinema and session...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

I missed a whole season in 88. Was in Europe. I'm a @@@@ing disgrace to the red and white army. So are you Captain. Shame. Shame. Shame.
    I can't believe all you soft bastards missed our previous premiership.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Thanks Scott, raincheck.
    I've got a kids' party drop off and then fix a door for my grandmother in law who recently had a hernia operation.
    So one the scale of 'a good day' (Swans game,movies, helping sick family) I reside right down the bottom

The upside is that we have Mon and Tues off and there is no school to take the kids to tomorrow, so tonight we shall be opening a bottle of wine (or three)
    You are soft CTS. Left Gradma-IL fix her own bloody door. She's soft as!!

I'm probably on the same rung as you, CTS. Fancy thinking of only yourself?

I'm off soon to the pics. Got my tickets already, kids are almost ready, wifes almost ready . I'll be back around 5:30pm to check out the scores.
    You'll be waiting a long time for the missus

What cinema are you going to because i can meet you there so you can have a real Swans supporter spit on you,if that makes you feel any better
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast