Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane v Collingwood - umpiring

Brisbane v Collingwood - umpiring

The umpiring decisions going against Collingwood in the final quarter are appalling. Decisions like these are ruining the game. Some umpires clearly think that they are bigger and more important than any other aspect of the game. Pies supporters should be feeling justifiably aggrieved with about 6.5 minutes left in a game either team could now win.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Had to be just about the worst display of umpiring imeptitude I have seen in a long time. The inconsistancy, especially in marking contests was appalling. And it now seems that throwing the ball is legal (if you wear black and white anyway), as is a good solid hip to the head. There was no doubt that soft decisions in the Lions favour in the last quarter changed the momentum of the game, but there were plenty of other shockers that went the Pies way.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I cannot believe this thread. Collingwood lost & we all should be rejoicing! What is wrong with you people!!!!????

Seriously, if it wasn't ticky touchwood over the shoulder frees to Johnstone (would love him in red & white) it was not pinging I think Luke Power for a deliberate out of bounds.

At one stage you saw Lethal squirm thinking the Lions had just given a free away 30 metres out from goal. It wasn't called.

What is the bet we will see "AFL conspiracy" threads being started up by Pies fans on Big Footy.

I know as a fact that they HATE the Lions like no other set of supporters!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

I tipped the Lions to win, so I'm happy.

However, several umpiring decisions were poor and that won't improve as the season goes on.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 573v30 View Post
    I tipped the Lions to win, so I'm happy.

However, several umpiring decisions were poor and that won't improve as the season goes on.
    I tipped the Lions by 2 points, so I'm rapt. Personally, any free given to Collingwood is one free too many.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Why are we all surprised at the umpiring?we get the same every bloody week.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

It's not the umpires fault though. It's the stupid morons who came up with all these softcock rules.

The umpiring wasn't perfect and it never will be.

It shouldn't take away from the fact that it was a great game of footy, particularly in the conditions.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    The umpiring wasn't perfect and it never will be.

It shouldn't take away from the fact that it was a great game of footy, particularly in the conditions.
    Yep great game,but the umpires should let the game go a bit more in those conditions because at the best of times the umpiring is a bit touchy feely
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Yep great game,but the umpires should let the game go a bit more in those conditions because at the best of times the umpiring is a bit touchy feely
    Exactly. Paying such incredibly soft frees, in those conditions, that result in gimme goals and in the end won the game for Brisbane, is crap.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Ahhh. Collingwood lose in a close one, and the Eagles get belted. Nice start to the weekend!

that was a fantastic match last night I thought. As much as I hate collingwood (And super happy about the result) they are good to watch. And then the Eagles today..... I wanna see that more often this season. hopefully in 2 weeks time would be nice.

Now for the swannies to fill their part and it will have been a super weekend on the afl side of things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast