Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jack rising star?

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    At the game, I could have sworn Jack picked up more than 9 possessions. I'm assuming I got him confused with O'Keefe on a number of occasions (5 and 15, both blond) because at the game I thought he was among our best.
    Yep, me too!

he looked good from where i was sitting.

great; one or two times.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    jack bird moore and barlow shouldnt be dropped unless they do something completley terrible.
    Bird is a tremendous prospect. But his is just below the pace of the game at the moment in his decision making which is understandable. He will probably do an apprentiship in 2's when Fossie gets fit.

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Bird is a tremendous prospect. But his is just below the pace of the game at the moment in his decision making which is understandable. He will probably do an apprentiship in 2's when Fossie gets fit.
    i dont know about that he improved a lot from round 1 to 2 if given game time he will get better and better, he has the skills and provides a bit of spark.

It is nice to see some young guys in the team.
    Theres not much left to say

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=mcs;366430]Im sure Jack will get one at some stage this season- just wait till he gets a full match without trying to knock himself out about 4 times every week!
    i remember another young guy who tried to knock himself out 4 times a week...went on to captain the club and win a brownlow...P. Kelly!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    i dont know about that he improved a lot from round 1 to 2 if given game time he will get better and better, he has the skills and provides a bit of spark.

It is nice to see some young guys in the team.
    Bird - have we at last found Willo's replacement? (With a bit more work?)
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

lets hope royboy that K. Jack can even be a shadow on the great player that was Paul Kelly for the swans. If so he will be a cracking player for many years to come

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    [QUOTE=royboy42;366573]
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Im sure Jack will get one at some stage this season- just wait till he gets a full match without trying to knock himself out about 4 times every week!
    i remember another young guy who tried to knock himself out 4 times a week...went on to captain the club and win a brownlow...P. Kelly!
    Let's not start comparing a young 2nd year player with somebody like Paul Kelly, hey.

He has a great attitude & has rather good skills normally for a little guy. Very promising & exciting future I reckon.

But PLEASE can we not put any sort of mocker on him.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Agree with you fully there, except maybe the apprenticeship in the 2s. I'll reserve judgement until he's played a couple more matches. The thing about Bird is that this is his very first stint in the big leagues. Jack, Barlow, Moore and Grundy have all had tastes of it before, and as such know what to expect in terms of the pace of the match, so comparing Bird with them is a bit unfair. It is unreasonable to expect players who have spent the last year playing in the Canberra league to suddenly step into the big leagues immediately. They need a few sighter games to adjust. Bird has had that, and he looked markedly better this match than last. I'm tipping a big match next week. I'll be putting him in my SuperCoach and DreamTeam sides (ahead of Boak).
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12