Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BBB on Pittsburgh TV!!!!

BBB on Pittsburgh TV!!!!

I nearly fell outa my chair....watching the local Network News here in Pittsburgh and at the end of the sport news...on comes the clip of the KING hit, along with some comment about something even rougher than ice hockey.
    What a classic....never seen mention of Aussie sport on the local news here before. Took Big Bad to achieve that. The locals were intrigued who were sitting with me...LOLOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    I nearly fell outa my chair....watching the local Network News here in Pittsburgh and at the end of the sport news...on comes the clip of the KING hit, along with some comment about something even rougher than ice hockey.
    What a classic....never seen mention of Aussie sport on the local news here before. Took Big Bad to achieve that. The locals were intrigued who were sitting with me...LOLOL.
    I'm glad you got to see it.
    It was a beauty, eh?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Barry Hall is now in the global hall of shame!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    I'm glad you got to see it.
    It was a beauty, eh?
    Annie,

IMO I do not think we should be glorifying it and calling it a 'beauty'. He has let everyone down around him, including himself.

It is a bad thing for our developing game here in Western Sydney when a friend's son (9 years old) came up to me yesterday and said, "Barry Hall's punch was so awesome." I had to explain that it was NOT awesome or cool but an act of stupidity and thuggery.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Annie,

IMO I do not think we should be glorifying it and calling it a 'beauty'. He has let everyone down around him, including himself.

It is a bad thing for our developing game here in Western Sydney when a friend's son (9 years old) came up to me yesterday and said, "Barry Hall's punch was so awesome." I had to explain that it was NOT awesome or cool but an act of stupidity and thuggery.
    It was a punch on a football field.
    Fair enough, tell the kiddies it was bad (although 99.9% ARE thinking it was awesome).
    I think we should draw and quarter Blind Barry.
    Give him a two year suspension.
    Or, at the very least, let Stakers' mum have a go.

Honestly, I was let down at the time of the hit. It affected the game for maybe 10 minutes, then they all got back into it and we won - convincingly. The injury has upset me more.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Annie,

FFS we all know that it was wrong - he's not the first and wont be the last!!!! but he is being made an example of yet there have been worse in recent times that didnt attract such hysteria. West Coast needed some heat taken off them for last seasons shenanigans and how badly they are doing this season thus far - it certaiinly wasnt planned that way but its worked in their favour. Call me cynical if you like - I really dont care I've had enough of the mamby pamby crap thats going on.

So tell Tarquin that its wrong - so if you are going to take that line - then what about the violence and disrepect that is shown on TV shows everyday - are they going to suspend that for 8 weeks or is that acceptable??? honestly Staker wasnt hurt he was running along the boundary line later in the game and was smiling nicely for the camera the next day. - and if he lines up to play this weekend - then it makes a mockery of the last weeks hysteria. I'm now at a point where I'm more angry with the coverage and absolute rubbish that is coming out - than the actual act itself.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

In The Apple Isle Cheer Squad mbr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    That's quite amazing! I know first hand how difficult it is in the US to get news etc from anywhere else (on local stations) other than that of the town your in.
    Sick of hearing about high school footy results yet?
    "Two cities, One team, Together, Living the Dream."

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    Fair enough, tell the kiddies it was bad (although 99.9% ARE thinking it was awesome).
    Tell them what happened to Staker afterwards. He hit the turf like he'd been dropped, was helped to the boundary line, then spent the rest of the game in a world of his own called la-la land.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Annie,

I know what you mean, but I still loved it (the fact it was against the Eagles certainly helped). Also, it helps get rid of the GAYFL tag that western sydney kids love.

I was just annoyed it wasn't Kerr or Hunter...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Tell them what happened to Staker afterwards. He hit the turf like he'd been dropped, was helped to the boundary line, then spent the rest of the game in a world of his own called la-la land.

he couldnt have been too bad - he was running along the boundary there for a while afterwards. Look no one is denying that it was bad - but is it really warranting all the crap that has been going on about it? If Staker had sustained a life threatening/career ending injury then you would have no argument from me - but it clearly hasnt. West coast couldnt have wished for a better reaction to take them from being the scum bags that they really are - to the hard done by victims of a Barry Hall hook! If parent keeps their kid in cotton wool from playing contact sport, but let them play violent playstation games, watch violent tv show then they are hypocrits.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

MORE free publicity - this is how you grow a brand

(unfortunately?)

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    So tell Tarquin that its wrong - so if you are going to take that line - then what about the violence and disrepect that is shown on TV shows everyday - are they going to suspend that for 8 weeks or is that acceptable??? honestly Staker wasnt hurt he was running along the boundary line later in the game and was smiling nicely for the camera the next day. - and if he lines up to play this weekend - then it makes a mockery of the last weeks hysteria. I'm now at a point where I'm more angry with the coverage and absolute rubbish that is coming out - than the actual act itself.
    That's a pretty obscure name to use as an example.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast