Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall Visits Psychologist

On the veteran's list

Barry Hall Visits Psychologist

The bustler today visited a psychologist to try and understand his brain snap. (SEN) Barry says he's had much greater niggling and verballing before and hasn't reacted. Why this time?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Well it wasn't mine. He wasn't in the waiting room when I left.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Pms, No

Maybe the sight of those pathetic blue and yellow jumpers and the arrogant tools wearing them fired Barry up. I only wish it was Hunter he belted. Would have to be the biggest wanker playing footy, now that Cousins has gone..
    SYDNEY SWANS.....THE GREATEST FOOTBALL CLUB IN LIVING MEMORY.

Here's an article on it - at least we also got the mending of the wrist right in terms of length of time.

Hall sees psychiatrist over hit - AFL - Fox Sports

Maybe he'll admit that he's still a big boy!?

Blog Entries
    "Tell me Barry, How did you feel after hitting him?"

Could be an interesting answer.

He had a relationship breakdown so he hit Staker.

Fair enough.

I think the swannies have to start being more careful in their choice of WAG. Last year Goodesy, this year Blind Barry ... one of them should marry Wardy. At least that one would be safe!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    He had a relationship breakdown so he hit Staker.

Fair enough.

Would it be 'fair enough' for someone in society to hit someone without them expecting it and simply claim to the court that they did it because they had a relationship breakdown? And for the court to let them off?
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Would it be 'fair enough' for someone in society to hit someone without them expecting it and simply claim to the court that they did it because they had a relationship breakdown? And for the court to let them off?
    Where's that tongue in cheek smilie thing when you need it the most?

If you'd read the fine print, I was alluding (?) to how they seem to be having "girl troubles" at the swans.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 17th April 2008 at 12:41 PM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    The universalising argument doesn't work. If someone on the street did to me what Staker was doing to Baz, I'd have a fair case that he was assaulting me. If I reacted and hit him, I could argue that it was in response to the original, ongoing attack.

If I hit him and he took me to court he'd be hard pressed to argue that he was pushing me and prodding me and constantly being in my face for 20 minutes but it was a complete surprise that I'd be upset enough by that to punch him back.

Incidentally, if I was in a rowdy pub and someone threw a punch at me so my mates had to help me leave I'd probably be less likely to consider legal action than I would if he administered a hip and shoulder that led to me being carried out on a stretcher.

Face it - the reason why the reaction has been so strong is that it was such a beautiful punch. That's especially so as Baz doesn't seem to look at him throughout but made perfect contact.

I'm somewhat discomforted by all this pysco-analysis and relationship information. Celebrity reporting at its cheapest. Barry Hall should shut up. So he's got problems. Last year we were meant to indulge him because of injuries. This year it's personal issues. I'm not sure if I need to know about his ex. I'm not sure if I need to know about his counselling. According to the Staker parents we are watching under-age footy that needs special rules, and according to Hall we are watching deeply confused individuals. Well *#@^ me. People say these are our role models? They are footballers chasing a ball. Some are better than others. Some are rougher. Some win some lose. Let's leave the sanctimonious crap out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast