Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 reasons we will win the flag this year

3 reasons we will win the flag this year

1. We are good enough to finish 4th at the end of the H&A season.
    2. If #1 is true, then we would in all likelihood meet Geelong in a QF, perhaps lose narrowly, then win through to an away PF against the Hawks, or WB or the Kangaroos or whoever. At the MCG I'd back us to win that.
    3. We can beat Geelong playing at our best and I think our players would have a bit more to play for in a GF. Geelong are playing for a dynasty, half our team would know it was the last chance. You would expect Spida, Hall, O'Loughlin, Kirk, Barry etc to really, really turn up.

Probably would have been easier to start a thread entitled "500 reasons why Geelong will win the flag this year".
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

As it was said in the movie THE CASTLE..

Tell him he's dreaming son.........................

Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    1. We are good enough to finish 4th at the end of the H&A season.
    2. If #1 is true, then we would in all likelihood meet Geelong in a QF, perhaps lose narrowly, then win through to an away PF against the Hawks, or WB or the Kangaroos or whoever. At the MCG I'd back us to win that.
    3. We can beat Geelong playing at our best and I think our players would have a bit more to play for in a GF. Geelong are playing for a dynasty, half our team would know it was the last chance. You would expect Spida, Hall, O'Loughlin, Kirk, Barry etc to really, really turn up.
    I totally agree with this. I was talking to some Geelong supporters after the game who are not happy with the way their team play under pressure. They know last year's GF was a mismatch and thought Collingwood were going to beat them in the PF. We put them under pressure yesterday with a weakened team, so the key for us is getting our best 22 on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Probably would have been easier to start a thread entitled "500 reasons why Geelong will win the flag this year".
    There is only one needed. "They're better than anyone else" End of thread
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I totally agree with this. I was talking to some Geelong supporters after the game who are not happy with the way their team play under pressure. They know last year's GF was a mismatch and thought Collingwood were going to beat them in the PF. We put them under pressure yesterday with a weakened team, so the key for us is getting our best 22 on the park.
    Agreed. I think anyone (bar a couple of sides) at their best could beat Geelong. However Geelong at their best vs. Us at our best at the moment...no chance. Geelong are awesome, but not unbeatable. But if they are playing at their best at the moment they would beat us...and to be honest they play at their best a hell of a lot more than we do!
    Go you mighty BLOODBOYS!

The good news is largely we should improve over the year from the likes of Mattner, Moore, Barlow, Jack maybe Bird and Grundy.

The return of Everitt, Hall, Malceski and Kennelly, possibly Fosdike,may see us improve

We have suffered injuries (despite the mythology) over the past four years, teams form fluctuates. We should be hopeful, but a premiership is unlikely

On the other hand this year looks to be the end for Mathews, Crouch, Davis, Brabazon, maybe Thornton

Laidlaw is another player very unlikely to make it
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    The good news is largely we should improve over the year from the likes of Mattner, Moore, Barlow, Jack maybe Bird and Grundy.

The return of Everitt, Hall, Malceski and Kennelly, possibly Fosdike,may see us improve

We have suffered injuries (despite the mythology) over the past four years, teams form fluctuates. We should be hopeful, but a premiership is unlikely

On the other hand this year looks to be the end for Mathews, Crouch, Davis, Brabazon, maybe Thornton

You can add Davis to that list. Will be playing in the VFL next year.

Wrong on that one Reggi.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Apologies Sir Reg. Normally the little champ's name is up in lights.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Wrong on that one Reggi.
    Carey Grammar so no chance
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    You can add Davis to that list. Will be playing in the VFL next year.
    No worries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast